All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinBall Games

dalomarius10

Hello all. Just a question. Are there any pinball games for Mame? I dont think i've seen any, but i know they would work well with my x-arcade. If anybody knows of any for mame and/or pc, let me know. THx

I guess you never heard of PINMAME.. and virtual pinball..

Ok so here is the deal... PINMAME will emulate the ROM on the pinball machines... So you get the sounds and the LED score and such...

Then you ask yourself what will I do with that? there is a program called visual pinball.

Pinball FANS have (in great detail) recreated these table to be exactly how you remember. Now you have the table and the roms... and you are set..

I have created a tutorial on getting this setup and have provided all needed files and runtimes. Its on the main page.

One of my favorates is the elvira table.

Happy gaming

Attached are pic of a REAL and SIMULATED table.

post-816-1193597415_thumb.jpg

post-816-1193597446_thumb.jpg

I've gone really deep into getting pinmame working and know all the tricks now. If you have any specific questions it would be my pleasure to give back and help out.. same also goes for Daphne, snes, fusion...

On a side note I have made what I believe to be a more complete list of screen shots for the Snes games tallying up to over 1000. This even includes all the variations of super Mario World and foreign games. It took a LONG time but i would love to give back to you guys for all the help. If anyone is interested let me know.

Vince

that sounds cool. Hey brian, i did that pinmame tutorial, but it doesn't load in game ex, screen goes black and then back to game ex. here is the config:

[Emulator_3]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Pinball Games

TITLETEXT=Pinball

StartPageLogo=pinball

ROMFilter=*.vpt

RomPath=C:\VisualPinball\Tables

SnapPath=

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

ManualPath=

WorkingPath=C:\VisualPinball\Tables

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=[apppath]\vpauto.exe

Command=..\VPinball-XPFix4.exe -play -"[ROMFILE]"

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=Project 64 V2

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=ArrowDown.png

PlayMusic=

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=

DATABASE=VISUALPINBALL

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

ShowMostPlayed=

RandomMostPlayed=

CDCheck=

CDCheckFile=

[GENERAL]

DumbyValue=

thx agian guys

that sounds cool. Hey brian, i did that pinmame tutorial, but it doesn't load in game ex, screen goes black and then back to game ex. here is the config:

[Emulator_3]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Pinball Games

TITLETEXT=Pinball

StartPageLogo=pinball

ROMFilter=*.vpt

RomPath=C:\VisualPinball\Tables

SnapPath=

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

ManualPath=

WorkingPath=C:\VisualPinball\Tables

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=[apppath]\vpauto.exe

Command=..\VPinball-XPFix4.exe -play -"[ROMFILE]"

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=Project 64 V2

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=ArrowDown.png

PlayMusic=

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=

DATABASE=VISUALPINBALL

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

ShowMostPlayed=

RandomMostPlayed=

CDCheck=

CDCheckFile=

[GENERAL]

DumbyValue=

thx agian guys

Did you use my attached config?

Are you getting a message about missing roms or vpt's even though they are in there respective folders? If you are. put everything in one folder, that being the tables folder. That got me working. Also do a resetup with pinmame telling it to get all its files from the Table folder

Der. Forgot 'bout that. Sorrys. Well the tutorial was excellent. But GameEX adds this to the command line "VPinball-XPFix4.exe -play -"[ROMFILE]" the XpFix part wasn't in your config. So i took that part out and it worked like a charm!! =] THx agian brian.

Really I know I included that EXE... I had thought I just renamed it to the original...

I thought that was included in the instructon.. Oh well

Really I know I included that EXE... I had thought I just renamed it to the original...

I thought that was included in the instructon.. Oh well

Yah the exe was in it, but your config didnt show the xpfix thing in it. So i renamed the exe file to overwrite the original. But GameEx automatcially adds that filename when you enable it.. I just deleted the xpfix out of the command line....no biggie.

Ok having issues with elvira.... When running it through GameEx, it loads up visual pinball, then a setup type menu comes up, sorta like asking what features to enable/disable... Can i get rid of that from popping up? Also, when it's rendering the table... it just freezes... I have to ctrl+alt+delete it to get out of it... wierd since the topspeed table works.... Do i have to unzip the rom in rom folder? Or can i keep it zipped? Also, the table won't work out of GameEx Either. It freezes on Rendering Animations...

Ok having issues with elvira.... When running it through GameEx, it loads up visual pinball, then a setup type menu comes up, sorta like asking what features to enable/disable... Can i get rid of that from popping up? Also, when it's rendering the table... it just freezes... I have to ctrl+alt+delete it to get out of it... wierd since the topspeed table works.... Do i have to unzip the rom in rom folder? Or can i keep it zipped?

You should have [apppath]\vpauto.exe for the "Also Launch" parameter under VP. It's a wrapper that it designed to get rid of the the pop up's.

Ok i tried another table (robocop) and it did the same thing. It loads the table in the background but stays stuck on rendering animations.... I press control alt Delete and the the pin mame picture pops up. Then freezes again. I have to reboot it everytime. i dont think my system likes this program.. o well. Guess PinMame wasn't met for meh =[ =]

Ok i tried another table (robocop) and it did the same thing. It loads the table in the background but stays stuck on rendering animations.... I press control alt Delete and the the pin mame picture pops up. Then freezes again. I have to reboot it everytime. i dont think my system likes this program.. o well. Guess PinMame wasn't met for meh =[ =]

What versions you using? Latest are VPinball 8Beta-7.5 and VPinMAME 1.56. But remember beta means they're are most likely bugs so you maybe try an older stable version like VisualPinball8.

You can get them from vpforums.com.