All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Updated 'M' Icons & Favorites Pack! Finally!!

Adultery

Well glad everyone seems to like it thus far. Hopefully Adultery will see fit to give this one a go.

That said I still feel like I'm stepping on people toes.

What game is in the background of the logo ?

:)

Neo-Geo King of Fighters 2003 (MSV).

Hehe emulated with FBA @ 4x window mode using a HQ4x filter, then snagged with HyperSnap...as FBA doesn't grab filtering when taking a screenshot.

Also if using Photoshop, be sure to flatten the image, then do "Replace Color..." make sure its set to pure black R,G,B 0,0,0 set Fuzziness to 10 then set Lightness to +4 & click OK, and save it off as a png.

HK -

Thanks for whipping that together, I'm sure a lot of folks will make use of that so that they can make the set suit their taste.

Well if some one comes up with some suggested games to match up with Adultery's lists, I could try and knock out a few a head of time.

No telling if Adultery will use them in a future pack or not.

I like these logos. I'll have a go at them and see what I can come up with. The actual taking of the screenshot is the tedious part however. We'll see what I can do. :)

Well I'd suggest using HyerSnap myself...then maybe use Xpadder to send the required key combo to trigger the capture of the active window...as other wise it is a pain in the ass...mainly if your trying to grab filtering...when the app doesn't support it...I don't know if Mame does or not...heh haven't taken a screenshot till now. :)

Adultery would it be possible to tag these pic's so that they stand out just a little bit better when digging through a theme...ala

[Mame] Fighting Games.png

[Mame] ...

I need to find out if one can alter a theme so that GameEx looks for images not using the default naming for GameEx's own icon's, but tagged icons...basically more attempts to bring theme folders more under control so one can fairly easily find stuff without being some sort of theme guru. :)

[GameEx] Control.png

[GameEx] DVD.png

[GameEx] DVD Disc.png

[GameEx] ...

I've done a few & made some changes to the PSD...I lowered the opacity of the Reflection layer...I've shuffled all the layers around to make better room for titles...then added title names layers...I think I got them all...but don't quote me and be sure to double check. I used a dark navy blue for the stroke around the title text...figured its fairly close to black...but far enough to where we won't need to shift colors around to prevent holes from being shot into the title text.

F**kin awesome Nologic! :)

Keep em coming!

I'll cross off the remaining logo's as they come..

Horizontal

Lightgun

Live

Live GameEx Favorites

Live MAWS Hall of Fame

All Games

Multiplayer Simultaneous

Mame

Maze & Puzzle Games

Midway

Not Played

Originals

Spinner

Trackball

Vector

Vertical

BTW I think you may have uploaded the wrong psd I can't find the text layer in that one.

Heh well there should be several...but I'll check it.

*Update*

Your right wrong PSD file...doh!

Full PSD

Be forewarned its got everything including the kitchen sink in it right now...didn't keep a spare as I thought I had it uploaded here. ;)

Heh so some house cleaning maybe in order for you to actually make use of it.

Heh well there should be several...but I'll check it.

*Update*

Your right wrong PSD file...doh!

Full PSD

Be forewarned its got everything including the kitchen sink in it right now...didn't keep a spare as I thought I had it uploaded here. ;)

Heh so some house cleaning maybe in order for you to actually make use of it.

Thanks NoLogic ! These look class !

No problem, I'll fix it up later...I really need to get some sleep...was up all night fiddling with stuff.

Now I haven't gone poking around...but is there away to use other names for these than the stock names?

I'd really like to tag these so that they are clearly for Mame...hehe I got a ton of images in my logo folder.

Anyways glad you guys like these so far.

These are cool! Now I can retire my set in peace knowing there's another set of logos out there. Thanks, Nologic! :)

Okay pulled the prior batch...and re-uploading them here....should by and large be the same...tried to remove some extra garbage on the edges of some of them...and swapped inset image on a few...also completed a few more...still not a complete set.

Hehe really this isn't fair...was only looking to give Adultery a jump start...hehe not take over the project...I think I hear him giggling in the corner and repeating the phrase "Sucker" ;)

I'll likely be redoing "All Games" yet again...the video wall type inset image seems like it'll be way to small for end users using low resolutions. :(

I these new "shiny" icons. One thing I might suggest.. change the inset icon for Vector. You can barely see what it is because it's mostly black. There are lots of vector games to chose from.. Or if you want to use the Star Wars one, maybe temp configure Mame with a thicker line.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL

Well I got a request for the background used for the Mame Update icon...while this isn't the exact same image...its a screenshot of the same screen saver. :)

Heh think you got wide screen...check this out...hehe okay its just dual monitor's. ;)

LOL

Well I got a request for the background used for the Mame Update icon...while this isn't the exact same image...its a screenshot of the same screen saver. :)

Heh think you got wide screen...check this out...hehe okay its just dual monitor's. ;)

Funny, i was well impressed with the MAME Update Icon and was going to ask you the same thing !

• 1 month later...

Updated All Games still not happy with it, but at least it should render slightly better.

I'll get the Vector one next...then likely tackle Maws & GX icons...then...hor & vert...and I guess I still have originals...yet to do...yay. ;)

Update:

Vector done...not much can be done here...they just don't render for shit.

GameEx Favorites done

MAWS done...its loosely based off their Darius themed logo...if anyone has their offical logo pass it along...if they have one that is.

Updated All Games still not happy with it, but at least it should render slightly better.

I'll get the Vector one next...then likely tackle Maws & GX icons...then...hor & vert...and I guess I still have originals...yet to do...yay. ;)

Update:

Vector done...not much can be done here...they just don't render for shit.

GameEx Favorites done

MAWS done...its loosely based off their Darius themed logo...if anyone has their offical logo pass it along...if they have one that is.

Nice work ! I love the GameEX Favourites !

Well with luck I'll get them all done prior to xmas. :)

Thanks man. They're quality stuff ! I must put in a feature request because there's been a couple of new catagories i think and GameEX will not display a couple of the icons.

Thanks again / much appreciated !