All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Everyone take the poll!

LB11

MDB's  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the databases we have been working on?

• I think they are great, I like the idea!
    • I like the old ones!
    • Whats a MDB and why should it concern me?
    • I could care less either way.

I noticed not too many people downloaded the databases we were working (in fact most of the downloads were probably from me on various computers!), especially when look at how many view it had and how many people use gameex. I realize not everyone who uses gameex comes to the forums, especially not frequently. But I am curious what people think none the less.

I think the problem is that most people think they are in work and they don't want to mess with a developmental DB. If it were listed as in Beta, I bet there would be a LOT more downloads. Sad truth is that I haven't even had time to get these on my system yet. :ph34r:

Thats probably true. I finished them all up anyways, there is a few that there were no xml files for and the the windows/dos was not filling up so I didn't do those. Didn't HK say that the allgame didn't have all the info for the windows games or something?

I think the problem is that most people think they are in work and they don't want to mess with a developmental DB. If it were listed as in Beta, I bet there would be a LOT more downloads. Sad truth is that I haven't even had time to get these on my system yet. :ph34r:

I agree. I thought they were still work in progress so I haven't bothered.

Jay T

I use 'em too... More games / systems in your DBs than are currently available in GameEx. It would be super sweet to get that ESRB rating in there on the games page... Then maybe a plugin could be made that discriminates use of games that are above a certain level, like say 'T' games require a password. That way my kids aren't playing 'Leisure Suit Larry' and snickering softly so as not to get caught. ;)

I use 'em too... More games / systems in your DBs than are currently available in GameEx. It would be super sweet to get that ESRB rating in there on the games page... Then maybe a plugin could be made that discriminates use of games that are above a certain level, like say 'T' games require a password. That way my kids aren't playing 'Leisure Suit Larry' and snickering softly so as not to get caught. ;)

I remember playing the dos version of LSL when I was 13 hehehe.. I hated thos stupid questions in the begining to verify if you were an adult.. hehehe

Definately great work and appreciated. I haven't downloaded them yet because I'm not sure which one's are "official" and which ones are still being worked on. I was also expecting they will be included in GameEx eventually. If Tom doesn't get to put them into a release soon then I would start a new thread with a link to download them all so we don't all forget. I'm sure Tom would be more than happy to get them into the official dist though.

Thats probably true. I finished them all up anyways, there is a few that there were no xml files for and the the windows/dos was not filling up so I didn't do those. Didn't HK say that the allgame didn't have all the info for the windows games or something?

Yeah if you take a look at the AllGame website you can only browse PC games A to M. It's really dissapointing because that seems to be there most complete database of games. They never got back to me on the issue nor fixed it. If they do I will re-scrape the PC stuff.

I think they are great!!! I agree that the reason few people are downloading them is probably because they are still a WIP, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't be appreciated by everyone if, and when, they were included in the GameEx install... I'm sure there are many people who enjoy and appreciate the features in gameex that don't make it onto the forum. Now with the change in categories, they are more useful than ever. I actually USE them to narrow down the choices when picking a game to play. Now if only there was a complete collection of game manuals somewhere, then my life would be fulfilled.. ok... maybe not... but at least my emu setup would be complete ;)

Awesome job. Only reason why I haven't grabbed them yet, is that I haven't had that much time lately to look at my cab pc. And as HK, i don't know either which ones are final (if any), or even which ones are the latest version.

If you listed all the latest official releases in one post, It'd be easier for someone like me, who hasn't been following the development intensely. :)

I honestly thought there would be a few "what are they for" responses! I know that was me at one point! :wacko:

I like the Idea of the esrb too althought I think that would be up to tom to put in there.

It might be possible to just copy the ESRB rating over to the Info field. I dont think it would be usefull except for viewing in that case though. Mostly the older stuff is not rated anyways.

I think any of them listed in page 3 of the database thread are complete for this version. I dont know if stu and nologic and the others had more plans for them after the categories. I kinda jumped in to help on this version only.

I think they are great!!! I agree that the reason few people are downloading them is probably because they are still a WIP, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't be appreciated by everyone if, and when, they were included in the GameEx install... I'm sure there are many people who enjoy and appreciate the features in gameex that don't make it onto the forum. Now with the change in categories, they are more useful than ever. I actually USE them to narrow down the choices when picking a game to play. Now if only there was a complete collection of game manuals somewhere, then my life would be fulfilled.. ok... maybe not... but at least my emu setup would be complete ;)

There is a torrent file with over 13.2GB of game manuals out there. I havent had the time to set them up with GE tho.

I remember playing the dos version of LSL when I was 13 hehehe.. I hated thos stupid questions in the begining to verify if you were an adult.. hehehe

You can bypass that with ALT+X :) I remember that from my 13 years too.

As for me.. I haven't downloaded them yet, because every time the thread is updated with a reply, it's about something that's been discovered and changed. So I've been waiting like everybody else, for an official announcements that production was complete and they were good to go. Still, I think this is a great side project, and I can't wait till it's ready.

I think the DB are great but I was waiting for them to be finalized and added to the installer.

Since switching to GameEx I have been trying as fast as I can to compile all of the manuals titles, snaps, carts, boxes etc etc to use in GameEX. And hopefully give GameEX users a place to go where they can easily download them. Also by having all of the files use the same names it should take all of the work out of it and make the extras a plug and play solution.

One of the big things that I am doing for manuals is using scans when possible or if not formatting the txt ones so that they can be easily read in the gameex system. That way I can have the most complete set possible.

I think the DB are great but I was waiting for them to be finalized and added to the installer.

Since switching to GameEx I have been trying as fast as I can to compile all of the manuals titles, snaps, carts, boxes etc etc to use in GameEX. And hopefully give GameEX users a place to go where they can easily download them. Also by having all of the files use the same names it should take all of the work out of it and make the extras a plug and play solution.

One of the big things that I am doing for manuals is using scans when possible or if not formatting the txt ones so that they can be easily read in the gameex system. That way I can have the most complete set possible.

Well Circo, I don't know about everybody else, but I'm definately a huge fan of your work and love what you're doing to help the community out. I only wish I could help in some way. I've got experience in ripping dvd's, extracting individual streams, compressing, re-encoding, re-multiplexing, blah blah blah. Just let me know.

Hi, I've been chatting with NoLogic and it sounds like its time to get the "completed" dbases integrated into the install and replace the existing, if that's ok with everyone? Can someone provide an upload to that affect for me, and Ill get it going?

Thanks for all the hard work, lets get them out there :)

Okay talked to Stu and we're going to hold off for a bit.

Current ToDo list

[Console] Atari 2600 - Problem with my tool saving changes to the mdb

[Console] Atari 5200 - Problem with my tool saving changes to the mdb

[Console] Amiga CD32 - No Xml

[Mobile] BREW - No Xml

[Mobile] DoJa - No Xml

[Mobile] ExEn - No Xml

[Mobile] J2ME - No Xml

[Mobile] Mophun - No Xml

[Mobile] Symbian - No Xml

[Mobile] Zodiac - No Xml

[PC] Atari 8-bit - No Xml

[PC] Dragon 32¦64 - No Xml

[PC] PC Booter - No Xml

[PC] Amiga - Needs done

[PC] Amstrad CPC - Needs done

[PC] Apple II - Needs done

[PC] Apple Macintosh - Needs done

[PC] Atari ST - Needs done

[PC] Commodore 64 - Needs done

[PC] Commodore 128 - Needs done

[PC] Commodore PET_CBM - Needs done

[PC] Commodore VIC-20 - Needs done

[PC] Microsoft MSX - Needs done

[PC] Sinclair ZX Spectrum - Needs done

[PC] Tandy TRS-80 - Needs done

[PC] Tandy TRS-80 CoCo - Needs done

[PC] TI-99_4A - Needs done

[PC] Microsoft DOS - Xml is incomplete

[PC] Microsoft Windows - Xml is incomplete

[PC] Microsoft Windows 3.x - Xml is incomplete

I personally feel we need all the [Console] db's done and would really like to see the [PC] done as well tho x86 ones will likely lag behind. [Mobile] would be nice but isn't really a concern to me...tho others are welcome to chime in on them.