All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

AllGame database

headkaze

Hey guy's I'm going to put this up for a limited time for download. This is to help out gettings categories for the GX mdb's.

As I said before their website is buggy and PC games only go from A-N which is a shame because that is it's most complete database on there. I have sent a message to Allgame (http://www.allgame.com/) to tell them about the problem. I havn't heard back from them yet.

Contains: Title, Platform, Rating, ESRB Rating, Genres, Styles, Developer, Publisher, Release Date, Control Type, Flags, Included In Package, Tech Support URL, Tech Support Phone, Synopsis, Similar Games, Controls.

Stats: 103 files, Xml format, 72.4 MB, 8.8 MB 7Zip compressed

Download

Hey guy's I'm going to put this up for a limited time for download. This is to help out gettings categories for the GX mdb's.

As I said before their website is buggy and PC games only go from A-N which is a shame because that is it's most complete database on there. I have sent a message to Allgame (http://www.allgame.com/) to tell them about the problem. I havn't heard back from them yet.

Contains: Title, Platform, Rating, ESRB Rating, Genres, Styles, Developer, Publisher, Release Date, Control Type, Flags, Included In Package, Tech Support URL, Tech Support Phone, Synopsis, Similar Games, Controls.

Stats: 103 files, Xml format, 72.4 MB, 8.8 MB 7Zip compressed

Download

Ben, you know you can always use headkaze.com by the way.

I'm only currently using up to about half of my included bandwidth allowance, and Ill let you know if that changes.

Ben, you know you can always use headkaze.com by the way.

I'm only currently using up to about half of my included bandwidth allowance, and Ill let you know if that changes.

Cheers mate, yeah I didn't even think about it. I have no idea how much space I have left on my ISP's free hosting but I can always use more anyway.

Yeah I havn't had time to do anything with it yet. I have too many projects I'm working on :)

Next version of CPWizard should be coming soon. I'll be using these databases to create some default label files for consoles etc. That is if I can interpret the data into a form I can use, it seems they have no strict method of structuring the control data. Right now I'm working on dynamic data loading, which has reduced the memory usage of CPWizard from ~100 MB to ~40 MB and I may be able to get that lower. Also added multiple input (including joystick). I really have to get the LCDPlugin update to support Ultimarc's PacDrive too! ... O_O

Yeah I havn't had time to do anything with it yet. I have too many projects I'm working on :)

Next version of CPWizard should be coming soon. I'll be using these databases to create some default label files for consoles etc. That is if I can interpret the data into a form I can use, it seems they have no strict method of structuring the control data. Right now I'm working on dynamic data loading, which has reduced the memory usage of CPWizard from ~100 MB to ~40 MB and I may be able to get that lower. Also added multiple input (including joystick). I really have to get the LCDPlugin update to support Ultimarc's PacDrive too! ... O_O

looking forward to it :)

Glad to hear your keeping busy. I just want to help :)

In terms of the data loading, I'm thinking of doing the same thing with gameex to reduce memory consumption. I'd expect to get a similar result. I'm pretty sure its only that, that makes it use so much. Although at least it performs nicely on older hardware, assuming you got ram.

Thanks headkaze, I'll get a look into doing something with this for the categories in the mdbs when I get some free time... just as a side note, when you finally get around to updating your LCDPlugin to support the pacdrive, can you make it as an optional extra that can be enabled and disabled? I currently use the LEDWiz and your pluging to control my buttons but I'm thinking of adding a PacDrive to my cab so I can do my own thing with it, or maybe the PacDrive will support more than 1 program accessing it unlike the LEDWiz

Thanks for your great work

Stu

Thanks headkaze, I'll get a look into doing something with this for the categories in the mdbs when I get some free time... just as a side note, when you finally get around to updating your LCDPlugin to support the pacdrive, can you make it as an optional extra that can be enabled and disabled? I currently use the LEDWiz and your pluging to control my buttons but I'm thinking of adding a PacDrive to my cab so I can do my own thing with it, or maybe the PacDrive will support more than 1 program accessing it unlike the LEDWiz

Thanks for your great work

Stu

Although I wrote the "unofficial" SDK for the LEDWiz, I didn't write the LEDWiz.dll that communicates to the hardware. With the PacDrive SDK (which is an "official" download from the Ultimarc website) I wrote the PacDrive.dll so I can modify it to work in multiple applications. Not only that the full source code for it is available in the SDK.

I've been thinking of moving all the LCDPlugin code into CPWizard and writing a plugin for GameEx that communicates directly to CPWizard. The benefits of that will be all the special code in CPWizard that allows for more accurate control lighting. For example with the LCDPlugin I can only get the data for the current game from GameEx, but Controls.dat only has info for parent ROMs, that means to get accurate lighting for all games you have look up the cloneof/romof until you find an entry in Controls.dat. But not only that you have to read in every cfg/ctrlr/ini file which can contain mappings for multiple ROMs/parents/clones/source files in those as well. So all that extra work that is done in CPWizard could be used to light the buttons more accurately as well as have support for more games. In addition to that, I wouldn't have to waste memory having the LCDPlugin load in all the same data as CPWizard; instead the plugin would be a bare-bones type thing that sent the events to CPWizard which in turn would light up the LEDWiz or PacDrive or send data to the LCD/LED's. Also CPWizard is alot easier for me to debug than a plugin alone and since I'm already integrating support for other emulators into CPWizard, it would be easier to add lighting support for those as well. What do you think?

@headkaze

That sounds brilliant... sounds like a lot of work too :) Your CPViewer will be the ultimate companion for GameEX :)

Still haven't tried the current version as I'm using customs resolutions in MAME but I can't wait to give it a try once you get that sorted, if you need any help testing the custom res option give me a shout

@slipstream19

These files would really be much use to you unless you've been folowing the Beta DB's topic

Stu

@headkaze

That sounds brilliant... sounds like a lot of work too :) Your CPViewer will be the ultimate companion for GameEX :)

Still haven't tried the current version as I'm using customs resolutions in MAME but I can't wait to give it a try once you get that sorted, if you need any help testing the custom res option give me a shout

@slipstream19

These files would really be much use to you unless you've been folowing the Beta DB's topic

Stu

You know I tried running Mame with custom resolutions and it works okay for me. Perhaps the new version has more of a delay. Since when Mame is minimised the resolution is set back to the desktop res, that means it should display okay as long as the video card has time to change back. I'll be uploading a new version of CPWizard soon so you can do a proper test for me then if you don't mind.

Not sure how you approached grabbing the games...probably the standard url's given in the links.

Now not sure if this is a manner in which you would like to approach this...but here is a little bit of info that maybe you can build on.

Quake III: Team Arena (Overview tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T0

Quake III: Team Arena (Review tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T1

Quake III: Team Arena (Controls tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T2

Quake III: Team Arena (Credits tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T3

Quake III: Team Arena (System Requirements tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T4

Quake III: Team Arena (Screens tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T5

Quake III: Team Arena (Buy tab)

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:25693~T6

The above seems to be generic

The above seems to be a bulk game entry into the database

~T*

The above sets what tab to display for the given game

Now this would be used to test every possible game entry to see if valid followed by each tab...each successful game & tab would be entered into a new bulk DB\XML file...which would then later be parsed to create per platform db\xml files.

Its ugly...a lot of work...but should get the job done.