All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcade Ambiance not playing in Mame32

LeeTheAgent

I'm new to this program and just getting used to it, so maybe there's something obvious I've missed... but the arcade ambiance isn't playing during Mame32 or other emulator games, it plays when the front-end loads, but it stops whenever a game loads. Can someone help me? Thanks!

There is a setting in the advanced config wizard that allows you to choose how and when you want the music to play. Default is to play in the front end, but not in games. If you want it to play during games, you will have to change that setting. I think it is found in the Enable/Disable Features tab.

There is a setting in the advanced config wizard that allows you to choose how and when you want the music to play. Default is to play in the front end, but not in games. If you want it to play during games, you will have to change that setting. I think it is found in the Enable/Disable Features tab.

Thanks, but I don't see an option like that there... there is the option in the audio settings "MAME Audio Mode" and I have it set to "Play playlist audio and run MAME with sound." But that doesn't seem to have any effect...

Then it's running exactly how you have it set up ;)

What you have GameEx set to is to play the ambiance sound in GameEx and then when you launch MAME (or another emulator) to stop the ambiance and use the sounds MAME generates. Select the drop down and one of the other options is to "play audio in MAME" or something.

Thanks, but I don't see an option like that there... there is the option in the audio settings "MAME Audio Mode" and I have it set to "Play playlist audio and run MAME with sound." But that doesn't seem to have any effect...

I think the 'Play Arcade Ambiance' option is either in the Basic Mame or Advanced Mame options in the Setup Wizard. You have to enable it there and set the path to it (the mp3 file). I don't think (although i could be wrong) it's part of the GameEX install but a link to it can be found on the Extras page of the GameEX site.

:)

True, ArcadeAmbiance.mp3 is not included with the download. The file is ~38mb as I recall, but it is available for download during the initial setup wizard or via a link on the main page. I assumed you had already installed that and that's what was playing, not your playlist audio...

True, ArcadeAmbiance.mp3 is not included with the download. The file is ~38mb as I recall, but it is available for download during the initial setup wizard or via a link on the main page. I assumed you had already installed that and that's what was playing, not your playlist audio...

Well I did download the arcade audio mp3, and it plays when I run GameEx, and I don't have anything in my playlist The problem is that once I run MAME32 from GameEx, the ambiance mp3 stops (or perhaps pauses, I can't tell). The option I was referring to is the MAME Audio option, with 4 choices:

• Play Playlist Audio and run MAME with sound
  • Pause Playlist Audio and run MAME with sound
  • Play GameEx Playlist audio and run MAME with no sound
  • Pause GameEx Playlist audio and run MAME with no sound

Aside from the option to enable Arcade Ambiance, which I have set to yes, I don't see any other option (besides pointing to the mp3 file) that might have anything to do with it. Any other ideas? Thanks for all your efforts so far. :)

Well I did download the arcade audio mp3, and it plays when I run GameEx, and I don't have anything in my playlist The problem is that once I run MAME32 from GameEx, the ambiance mp3 stops (or perhaps pauses, I can't tell). The option I was referring to is the MAME Audio option, with 4 choices:
  • Play Playlist Audio and run MAME with sound
  • Pause Playlist Audio and run MAME with sound
  • Play GameEx Playlist audio and run MAME with no sound
  • Pause GameEx Playlist audio and run MAME with no sound

Aside from the option to enable Arcade Ambiance, which I have set to yes, I don't see any other option (besides pointing to the mp3 file) that might have anything to do with it. Any other ideas? Thanks for all your efforts so far. :)

Hi. I don't think that the option in GameEX to play the Arcade Ambiance mp3 was designed with that in mind. That is i think it will only play when your in the frontend. Could make it a feature request though.

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood your post. You should be able to create a playlist with Arcade Ambiance as the sole track and get it to play while in MAME using one of the 4 audio options but there seems to be a problem with those options (behaving strangely). Myself, Scurvy & Enoch are having problems with those audio options (see post 'Something i can't figure out about the jukebox'). Tom said he would look into it so it should be fixed soon.

:D

Hi. I don't think that the option in GameEX to play the Arcade Ambiance mp3 was designed with that in mind. That is i think it will only play when your in the frontend. Could make it a feature request though.

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood your post. You should be able to create a playlist with Arcade Ambiance as the sole track and get it to play while in MAME using one of the 4 audio options but there seems to be a problem with those options (behaving strangely). Myself, Scurvy & Enoch are having problems with those audio options (see post 'Something i can't figure out about the jukebox'). Tom said he would look into it so it should be fixed soon.

:D

Ahhhhhh ok.... yeah that makes sense, I guess I misunderstood the intent of that option, thanks a lot! I suppose it sould be easier if I just loaded the mp3 into my mp3player anyway and leave it running... then I could adjust the volume independently too. Thanks a lot!

• 5 months later...
Ahhhhhh ok.... yeah that makes sense, I guess I misunderstood the intent of that option, thanks a lot! I suppose it sould be easier if I just loaded the mp3 into my mp3player anyway and leave it running... then I could adjust the volume independently too. Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

I'm sorry if it solves it.

Arcade ambiance stops when Mame and other emulators are played.

Are not there any method of settlements?

configure option? new ambiance download ?

Please....

The answer is in this thread :huh:

In any case, yes there are settings to turn ambiance on/off that can be configured through the configuration wizard. Search for ambiance or audio in the wizard and you should find the settings you are looking for.

Thanks Advice.

Yes right . It's option setting.

I tried two machines,Language English.ini too.

1. in GameEx Ambiance sound.

2. GameEx hide(minimum) and Ambiance stop and execute Mame .

3. return GameEx Ambiance restart.

It is likely not to understand if it doesn't debug it maybe.

Tom and can I debug this part?

You guys are right. Ambiance pauses for gameplay. The other option is to loop it on a playlist... At least currently. Ambiance is made available more for the GameEx GUI, not the emulator. I don't suppose it would be too hard to impliment a playlist feature the way GameEx can play mp3s while gaming, but at current both are not possible. It's either/or for you my friend.

@Kaze: Nice user tags! The GameEx one is cool as hell! ;) This place feels a bit more like MaxConsole every day. :D

but at current both are not possible.

Thank you. I understood.

To achieve it easily, it seems to only have to make the plug-in.

keeps sounding Ambiance while GameEx is being executed. :rolleyes: