All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulator Issues

Lucian

I am having an issue when launching games through GameEx. Everytime gameex starts the emulator, the emulator is started in the background behind a black screen. At this black screen I have to ALT + TAB, then ALT + ENTER to see the emulator. How can I fix this issue. I have been looking all over (FAQS, Posts, etc) and cannot find an answer to this question. I've been trying to mess with the configuration and even use a 5 sec pause and sendkeys to do the alt tab alt enter but nothing works. Anyone find a solution to this?

I have show desktop on 'on', however, that does not help. I cannot find a setting to make Gens full-screen on start-up (neither in the emulator nor gameex). I know I can easily do ALT-ENTER when i ALT+TAB to the program, but that is worthless when I am designing a 'gamepad-only' console system.

I have show desktop on 'on', however, that does not help. I cannot find a setting to make Gens full-screen on start-up (neither in the emulator nor gameex). I know I can easily do ALT-ENTER when i ALT+TAB to the program, but that is worthless when I am designing a 'gamepad-only' console system.

Try launching run last game from the gamex progam group on the windows start menu. See if it works. If it doesnt you have the emulator set up wrong somehow.

What is the name of the application that is the black screen in task manager. Are you sure you have showdesktop on for that emulator?

Please post you log.

Ok. When I run the Genesis emulator on show desktop to yes, it now shows the desktop. However, I would like it to load to full screen. Is that possible?

[edit] show desktop as in it shows the desktop with the genesis loaded with correct rom on its default small screen[/edit]

Better still... What emulator are we even talking about? Can you see the taskbar on the bottom after you launch the emulator? Can you hear the game music?

*edit 1* What genesis emulator are we talking about?

If you're having trouble getting the emulator settings to "stick" so it always run in fullscreen mode, try setting the configuration file to "READ-ONLY" by right clicking, go to properties, and check the box.