All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

CPWizard Not Launching Before Emulator

Endaar

Hi - I'm rebuilding my GameEx config from scratch as my old config file (migrated from version 12 or so) is causing problems. With the new config, I cannot seem to get CPWizard to display the panel prior to the emulator start. I've uploaded both my old and new configs, as well as the old and new logs.

All CPWizard related settings appear identical between files in setup wizard, although there are two CPWizard config lines in the old config that, as best I can tell, are no longer generated by the setup wizard. I tried adding them to the new config manually and that makes no difference. 

Looking at the log files, it is clear that CPWizard is being called when using the old config but is not being called when using the new config. I have no idea why, and have exhausted any troubleshooting steps I can think of. It's probably something stupid but I'm just not seeing it.

I appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

Thanks very much.

Endaar

GameEx.ini GameEx.ini-OLD CurrentConfig-log.txt OldConfig-log.txt

Thanks Tom.

Logs using both the old and the new config were attached to the original post. Was there something different that you need?

Both the old and new builds were 64-bit; the old build was Vista and the new one is Win 11. The exact path to CPWizard is consistent across builds. Additionally, I tried moving CPWizard to the root of the D:\ drive and changing the config accordingly (just to eliminate any issues with the space in "Program Files") and the panel is still not displayed. I also tried the latest build of CPWizard without any change.

Also, I should have explained this clearer in my original post: the OLD config, when used on the NEW build, displays the panel as expected. That's why this is so confusing - I don't see a difference in the CPWizard portion of the configuration files and yet one works and one doesn't.

Happy to provide any other info you need. 

Thanks!

Endaar