All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEX and bezels

jdmartin

Hello to everyone here !!!

I'm new to MAME and GamEX, but have read nearly everything this old man can get his hands on.

I have but one question.

I've downloaded bezel artwork for the 1943 game, but when I load and play the game, the bezel image is not loaded. I have try everything I can think of in the configuration menus, but to no avail.

Is the bezel image supposed to load with the game, and be in place of the black area around the displayed game?

Hope I made that clear !!!!

Thank you...

Jim

Yeah you're right. Make sure MAME itself can play the game with the bezel before trying to get it loaded up in GameEx. Basically, you just need to make sure it's in the right folder, and enabled in the GUI (or if you're using the command prompt version of MAME, make sure you have it set to run with the bezel with the appropriate command line flag). The way mine is setup, the bezel artwork remains ZIPPED, and goes into your MAME/Artwork folder. The inside of the zip may be different depending on the version of MAME you are using. The latest versions (anything above 110) uses a new format where the files are xxxxx.lay and xxxxx.png. I believe the older version had 3 files in it. Your best bet though is to just download a torrent file or complete collection of the artwork and copy the files 'AS IS' to the MAME folder. Hope that help you out some. Let us know if you need any more help, and welcome to the forum!

• 1 month later...
Yeah you're right. Make sure MAME itself can play the game with the bezel before trying to get it loaded up in GameEx. Basically, you just need to make sure it's in the right folder, and enabled in the GUI (or if you're using the command prompt version of MAME, make sure you have it set to run with the bezel with the appropriate command line flag). The way mine is setup, the bezel artwork remains ZIPPED, and goes into your MAME/Artwork folder. The inside of the zip may be different depending on the version of MAME you are using. The latest versions (anything above 110) uses a new format where the files are xxxxx.lay and xxxxx.png. I believe the older version had 3 files in it. Your best bet though is to just download a torrent file or complete collection of the artwork and copy the files 'AS IS' to the MAME folder. Hope that help you out some. Let us know if you need any more help, and welcome to the forum!

Well, it's been quite a while since I've been here. Kind of took a long break from my cabinet. So first off, hello again :-)

This is the first thread I'm posting to because it seems like the most recent reply to an ongoing bezel dilema I've been reading about. I've been having trouble setting up bezels. I tried setting it up in mame32FX111 and it didn't work. Then I just tried running from the command line:

d:\mame 111\mame btime -use_bezels

....and it didn't work. The game played, but with no bezel (the game is Burger Time btw)

I tried the other switches like -use_overlays, -artwork_crop and -use_backdrops. Nothing worked. I have the artwork in a zip file (btime.zip) in the artwork folder. I even extracted everything from the zip file (3 different files) into the artwork folder. (I also tried 1942 to no avail). I got the artwork from a torrent entitled "Mame 111 Extras"

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

eg