All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

karaoke no voice!

epic69

I have tried pluggin into line in and microphone port and i do not get any voice coming through to karaoke in gameex. I would really like this to work, I have a registered version. Whatever I try i get no voice coming through. I tested the hardware in teh control panel and i do get it to work there, just nothing at all in gameex karaoke. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

I have tried pluggin into line in and microphone port and i do not get any voice coming through to karaoke in gameex. I would really like this to work, I have a registered version. Whatever I try i get no voice coming through. I tested the hardware in teh control panel and i do get it to work there, just nothing at all in gameex karaoke. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

**BUMP** Anybody have karaoke working that can give me some pointers? I have tried another microphone and still no voice in karaoke songs.

Select Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Volume Control

From the Volume Control's menu select Options->Properties

Select Adjust Volume For->Recording

Make sure you have Microphone selected as the input source

I checked there and the linein and microphone both were selected and the volume was maxed out. Is there any requirements for the sound card that is to be used with karaoke directx? I am testing this out on my dell laptop and its only an inspiron b120 with the sigmatel audio (not the greatest..)

Select Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Volume Control

From the Volume Control's menu select Options->Properties

Select Adjust Volume For->Recording

Make sure you have Microphone selected as the input source

This really is confusing because when i go to the control panel > sounds and audio devices > Voice > Test Hardware

then the microphone works fine I can hear my voice just fine, it works awesome. its like in gameex its not switching it on or something.

GameEx shouldn't touch the inputs for your soundcard. Perhaps your soundcard doesn't allow you to monitor the input while playing back, I'm not sure. Have you checked your Playback settings to make sure the mic is not muted or volume set low. You have to check both Recording and Playback in the Volume Control.

Most soundcards allow you to plug in a mic and hear your voice for recording. This is a feature that has nothing to do with the Karaoke plugin or GameEx. You should be able to get the mic working through your laptop without even launching GameEx. So I would try and get it working on the desktop first.

You might want to try using the Sound Recorder application and see if you can actually record from your microphone too.

If worse comes to worse you can always buy a PCMCIA sound card.

GameEx shouldn't touch the inputs for your soundcard. Perhaps your soundcard doesn't allow you to monitor the input while playing back, I'm not sure. Have you checked your Playback settings to make sure the mic is not muted or volume set low. You have to check both Recording and Playback in the Volume Control.

Most soundcards allow you to plug in a mic and hear your voice for recording. This is a feature that has nothing to do with the Karaoke plugin or GameEx. You should be able to get the mic working through your laptop without even launching GameEx. So I would try and get it working on the desktop first.

You might want to try using the Sound Recorder application and see if you can actually record from your microphone too.

If worse comes to worse you can always buy a PCMCIA sound card.

I can record my voice just fine in sound recorder. it plays back my voice just fine. But it does not come through the speakers unless i play back. It doesnt go through the speakers as I record, only as i playback.

I can record my voice just fine in sound recorder. it plays back my voice just fine. But it does not come through the speakers unless i play back. It doesnt go through the speakers as I record, only as i playback.

Sounds like your onboard soundcard is not full duplex, meaning it can't playback as your record :(

You could check your notebook's website for the latest audio driver. Other than that the only option is a PCMCIA soundcard that you can plug into your laptop.

Sounds like your onboard soundcard is not full duplex, meaning it can't playback as your record :(

You could check your notebook's website for the latest audio driver. Other than that the only option is a PCMCIA soundcard that you can plug into your laptop.

Now I am setting this up on my arcadepc, its a 2.93ghz pc with soundblaster Live card. What is the preferred input to use for the microphone? LineIn or MicIn? Will one sound better than the other? Has anybody got any suggestions to get this setup, is it best to use LineIn and have a mic preamp or is that not needed? Thanks for anybodys experiences in this matter.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this exact same issue. How to setup a mic for use with GameEx Karaoke. Are there steps that need to be taken first to insure that the mic is somehow turned on inside GameEx? I'm using an audigy card from creative. I use my mic daily for online gaming. Will not work in GameEx.

Read post #3, you have to run the Sound Volume application (aka sndvol32.exe) and you can set your Recording inputs and your outputs (Options->Recording and Playback). Once you have mic selected as your recording input, and your Playback volume is okay, you should hear your mic as soon as you plug it in.

Read post #3, you have to run the Sound Volume application (aka sndvol32.exe) and you can set your Recording inputs and your outputs (Options->Recording and Playback). Once you have mic selected as your recording input, and your Playback volume is okay, you should hear your mic as soon as you plug it in.

Thanks HK but the issue is leaving the mic muted in the properties window. By default the mic is muted. Applications themsleves seem to unmute the mic when called for. GameEx doesn't. In order for the Mic to work in GameEx I have to leave the Mic unmuted at all times. If Tom can have windows unmute the mic when the karaoke is started then this would be great. I'll have to find a work around for now.

Thanks HK but the issue is leaving the mic muted in the properties window. By default the mic is muted. Applications themsleves seem to unmute the mic when called for. GameEx doesn't. In order for the Mic to work in GameEx I have to leave the Mic unmuted at all times. If Tom can have windows unmute the mic when the karaoke is started then this would be great. I'll have to find a work around for now.

Hi, I cant see a problem with doing that, HK can probably send me similar C code for this like he did for the updated volume, if thats OK HK, althoug I can figure it out?

Hi, I cant see a problem with doing that, HK can probably send me similar C code for this like he did for the updated volume, if thats OK HK, althoug I can figure it out?

I'll have a look and add the code to VolumeControl.dll. It's actually a feature I wouldn't mind having too, since you don't want the mic on all the time.