All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Attract Mode Issues

Adultery

That or a less sensitive way to exit from Attract mode. I wonder if the standard Windows screensaver has this problem? Perhaps the attract mode could exit after holding down a control for a few seconds rather than on the instant input is detected.

That or a less sensitive way to exit from Attract mode. I wonder if the standard Windows screensaver has this problem? Perhaps the attract mode could exit after holding down a control for a few seconds rather than on the instant input is detected.

I wonder oif it is something with Windows and the Happs track ball I am using (USB) Based. This link shows virtual Key codes and it says "4" is the middle mouse button???

http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/l/blvkc.htm

This is way beyound my skill set just tryong to resolve if possible.

THanks allot for looking into this Tom and company much appreciated!

Did you try running my KeyCodes program (linked earlier in this thread), in the background to find out what key is being pressed?

Yes..but it did not return anything as being pressed...maybe I was using ot wrong but I set it up in the background ran gamex and the same series of event described earlier occured

CP

Just out of curiousity, has anyone by chance made sure that:

A.) Windows screen saver is set to none

and

B.) Power Management features are disabled?

I was having the attract mode issue happening for awhile and I'm fairly certain these were two items I disabled and now my attract mode will run as lng as I want it to.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone by chance made sure that:

A.) Windows screen saver is set to none

and

B.) Power Management features are disabled?

I was having the attract mode issue happening for awhile and I'm fairly certain these were two items I disabled and now my attract mode will run as lng as I want it to.

A.) Yes: I completely hide Windows on my cab. Set up everything so nothing will even remotely run in the background including screen savers (since this interferes with a couple emulators I'm using as well)... Except Norton of course, and unless I load it myself.

B.) Yes: I set them all to 'Disabled' myself so I know for a fact they are disabled.

A.) Yes: I completely hide Windows on my cab. Set up everything so nothing will even remotely run in the background including screen savers (since this interferes with a couple emulators I'm using as well)... Except Norton of course, and unless I load it myself.

B.) Yes: I set them all to 'Disabled' myself so I know for a fact they are disabled.

Ok -

Well ....... I guess trying to find some sort of commonality between yourself and a few other users might be the key.

Changing themes make any difference? I use Nextgen

What service pack are you using? I use SRV 2

Is your OS completely patched? I am current

Chipset of video card and driver being used " As in ATI card using ATI Catalyst or Nvidia card using Forceware driver? I use the latest forceware

Are you utilizing an OEM software load or retail? I use retail

Honestly - I've had my share of GameEx issues and maybe you need to pull your drive-slap in another one and give it a fresh load of XP and pacth it with the necessary.NET stuff. Load 7.09 fresh and use a basic MAME config and see if it works.

There has got to be some dumb little thing we are all over looking. :blink: