All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme creation question

stigzler

Hello chaps,

I'm tinkering with theme design again (uh-oh..). I've hit a bit of a stumbling block. I'm looking to create custom module and emulator layouts, either by editing the ini's directly or via Theme Editor. I've made a copy of the "Default" theme for experiments. 

So I've set CustomEmulatorLayouts and CustomModuleLayouts to true (and checked in Theme.ini - all present and correct). This creates a whole load of ini's in the [ThemeName]\MEDIA folder (e.g. mostplayed_module.ini). I've moved the Title item to the top left via designer. Checked in the corresponding ini and that has changed correctly. However, when I run GameEx, it doesn't move the Title for Most Played Games. Weirdly, however, if I change the ini's directly and then open the theme in Theme Editor, this observes the changes correctly. 

I've tried Change View a load of times, but that doesn't move the title. I'm sure I'm missing something daft. 

Another weird thing - if I change _module.ini - those changes are shown in GameEx. 

Attached zipped test theme. Any ideas?

TestFromDefault.7z