All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex arcade version has a lot of issues

arcadevizer52

Im a support member and i wanted to know how can i up date this manually since it has not updated on its own or updated the game list which im unable to add any more games to retroarch or mednefen and its also not giving me my art work like it should i had to do it myself,i reall like the arcade version but if the newest one runs better let me know!!!

log.txt background_log.txt GameExOnlineLog.txt LogArtWorkDownload.txt SetupWizard.log GameEx.exe GameEx.ini

Edited by arcadevizer52
for files

Hi,

I moved your post to the correct forum.

Its going to be very hard to help you unless you can be much more specific about your individual problem/s.

Please understand as a developer and an IT professional "I have loads of issues" is not easy to fix, sorry.

As far as I am aware there are definitely not "lots" of issues with Arcade Edition. Ill help you if I can.

Looking at your log file you are on the latest version and you have neither mednafen or retroarch configured?

I can jump in and try to help out here...

Im a support member and i wanted to know how can i up date this manually...
GameEx Arcade is specifically set up to not update automatically. If you wish to update to a newer version, download the install file and install it over the current version. You can find that file here.

...how can i up date...the game list...im unable to add any more games to retroarch or mednefen...
When setting up Mame in the integrated Mame setup (found in Mame Settings), it is the only emulator that needs to have a list of games generated. I looked at your Mame Settings in the GameEx.ini file and I cannot tell if you are using Mame. Would you please let me know if it was your intention to use Mame and if so, what version the exe is and where you got it from (because there her been a lot of Mame variations over the years). We will probably want to address that in a new thread.

As for adding games to Retroarch and mednefen, I see you have these set up in the Emulator Setup area. If you have your settings configured properly, the games will automatically appear in the gameslist when you run GameEx Arcade.

...and its also not giving me my art work like it should i had to do it myself...
The Emulator Setup uses the database to help identify titles for the artwork download. I noticed for both Retroarch and mednefen that neither has a database selected.  It looks like you are using Medafen for Sega Saturn and Retroarch for Dreamcast. There are databases for each of those. Please set those databases and see if you receive assets. Please note that the GameEx databases and the EmuMovie asset databases are always a work in progress so some artwork could be absent. If you receive assets for at least one title in the gamelist then you know the artwork download is working.

...im unable to add any more games...
The list of games you see for each emulator are based on the file extension you set in the Rom Filter in the Emulator Setup.
For Retroarch, you are using *.gdi. This looks good if that is the only extension those games use.
For mednefen you are using cue. You should change this to *.cue.
If you have romsets with more than one type of file extension, then you can do something like this: *.cue; *.iso
Some roms have multiple files and are often placed in their own folders. If you use this setup, please be sure to set Scan Sub Folder in Advanced Emulator Setup to Yes.

By the way, if you make any changes in the Setup Wizard, be sure you do not have GameEx Aracde running.  Save and exit the wizard and then run GameEx. You should see the result of your changes right away.

...if the newest one runs better let me know!!!
I have a feeling that most or all of the items you are having difficulty with probably come down to getting the configuration setup properly. At this point I do not think it is necessary for you to upgrade to GameEx Aracde 16.97. However, later versions do generally contain fixes so it does make it easier on us when you are at the latest version...and as I mentioned above, upgrading is as easy as installing the new version over the old version.

Other considerations...
Lastly, we understand it can be frustrating when dealing with multiple issues at one time, but it is very helpful to us if you make one post for each issue. Working multiple issues in the same post can not only lead to miscommunication, but when the next guy comes searching for solutions in the forum they have to work three times as hard to weed out helpful information. Don't worry about it for the time being for this thread. I think we can get you going in the right direction rather quickly....and if things get confusing we can split the threads then. Thank you.

I hope this 'stuff' helps clear some things up for you. Let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions.