All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Fly The Copter (flash): Remember This?

HanksLounge

This was one of my favorite single button games.  The sad news is that it was flash-based and unusable... until now.

I found the flash emulator known as "Ruffle" and it works great for playing old flash games on your PC.  Most of these games won't translate well to a cabinet, unless you have a trackball.  However, "Fly The Copter" is a single-click game and shouldn't be a problem, right?  WRONG!

You see, the problem was getting the game file and emulator to play nice together in our beloved front-end launcher.  The standard [TABLEFILE] to EXE method wasn't working with Ruffle, so I had to find a workaround.  BAT and VBS didn't work and I thought I was done.  Then I found a little app called "bat2exe".  This took my batch file and made it into and executable.  BOOM!  We're playin' Copter.

I bundled everything up in a zip file for all of you (including media).  Here's what to do....

1. Download this zip file and extract it to "C:\Games\" (create the directory if needed)

2. Right click on "Copter.swf" and set the default app to "Ruffle.exe"

3. Configure "Joy2Key" (included).
   One button for the "left mouse click" and one for "Alt+ENTER".

4. Test game by launching "Fly The Copter.exe"
   The game should open in a maximized window. Press "Alt+ENTER" button for fullscreen
   Play the game with the "left mouse click" button.

5. Set up PinballX using "Fly The Copter.exe" but set the monitor process to "Ruffle.exe"

6. Load up the included PinballX Media, launch and enjoy!

Cheers!

Homemade Media Files:

Fly The Copter.gif

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

• Thanks 1