All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cannot launch Vertical games

rygars#1#fan

GameEx wont launch any vertical games.They are in the mame list and i have just done an update hoping it would fix the problem,but no luck.All horizontal games seem to be launching okay.

In mame 32 they all launch perfectly.

Maybe i have made a mistake somewhere,but for the life of me i cannot work it out.

Experts-Please help me.

GameEx wont launch any vertical games.They are in the mame list and i have just done an update hoping it would fix the problem,but no luck.All horizontal games seem to be launching okay.

In mame 32 they all launch perfectly.

Maybe i have made a mistake somewhere,but for the life of me i cannot work it out.

Experts-Please help me.

It's in the docs and FAQ, its been asked loads of times, but no worries. You need to turn off the use Bezel setting under Basic MAME settings.

Yeah Tom's got the answer. Since the last 2 or 3 stable releases of MAME, the program uses a new renderer. That new rendering system doesn't use the classic .art format for bezel artwork. GameEx's built in bezel artwork is still in that classic format, so when MAME goes to call it for vertical games, it crashes. There is some light at the end of the tunnel though. Mr. Do, the bezel god, has made a new version of the GameEx's built in bezel artwork that uses the new .lay format for the lastest versions of Mame. We only need to wait for Tom to write this into the GameEx code.

I'll repost this on the request thread too:

Tom, when you complete the coding for using the new format bezel, you should allow it to be interchangable with the old format too. Some people are still using the older format.