All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Vertical Artwork Fix

Mr. Do

Everybody needs to send hansolo77 a thank you for contacting me, as I don't really hang out over here ;)

I don't really use GameEx (though that may change after playing with it for a bit), and I don't have a registered version, so I don't know if this will work as is, or if Tom needs to add something into the frontend to make it work.

Anyway, these are the proper image and lay files that "should" work for the vertical games with no bezel (for MAME versions 0.107 or greater). Sample pic attached...

If you're lucky, you can simply unzip them to your media folder and it should work. If it doesn't, then it's on Tom to add the hook.

gameex_vertical_artwork.zip

post-1174-1160029708_thumb.jpg

The famous Mr Do!

Welcome to our boards :) And thanks for the bezel, it's been an ongoing issue for a while here.

Tom should hopefully see this soon and make the proper adjustments. Unfortunately I think the bezel feature is a registered only feature, but Tom may give you a free reg for testing purposes.

hi guys i was wondering if you could please tell what folder i have to extract this file into so it will show up in game ex as my default bezel ive tried to extract it into the media folder and also the media bezel atrwork folder in game ex but to no avail game ex boots back to the front end whenever i try to lauch it any help would be great thanks again!!

jester

hi guys i was wondering if you could please tell what folder i have to extract this file into so it will show up in game ex as my default bezel ive tried to extract it into the media folder and also the media bezel atrwork folder in game ex but to no avail game ex boots back to the front end whenever i try to lauch it any help would be great thanks again!!

jester

I'm not sure, but I think that's for Tom to figure out and include in (hopefully) the next major update to GameEx.

Emph

I'm not sure, but I think that's for Tom to figure out and include in (hopefully) the next major update to GameEx.

Emph

thanks Emph,

just curious because i know a few version of mame ago i think everyone up untill 106 this option worked and looked great in game ex just would like to see it again !! ill hold on and wait !! thanks for the reply!

jester :)