All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Performance Settings don't appear to be saved

John Simon

I just noticed this.  I configure it for "Very High" and when I go back to that page it is set to "medium".  I saw a post from 2013 that stated the config is saved, but just not reflected in Setup Wizard.  Is that still the case?  If so, when I go to that screen configured to Very High and make no changes, does it change the setting to medium when I exit the page?

Thanks,

-John

As you change from Low to Very High, pay attention to the last five parameters on the page. You will see them change. When you exit the Setup Wizard and come back, THOSE settings should not have changed from when you exited. However, you are correct that the 'Medium' button will be highlighted. It appears to be sort of a default resting place.

I can see where it might look like the setting doesn't appear to do anything. It certainly could be made more clear on what that selection does such as addig a 'Custom' setting that is selected if the last five settings are changed to a config that does not fit exactly with one of the other 'modes'.