All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Daphne... fill me in...

Theo

havent even started setting this up..just thought id get round to it at somepoint...but i have little knowledge about it.

games that were on laserdisc? so are any worth getting? is there many games? seems any reference i find is always about Dragon's Lair.. dont know whats the fuss if there is only 1 game that people think is good?

anyways I never had a lazer disc but want my Game Ex fully kitted out so I thought id find out what the history or compatiblity of the emulator is...i guess the roms are massive??

havent even started setting this up..just thought id get round to it at somepoint...but i have little knowledge about it.

games that were on laserdisc? so are any worth getting? is there many games? seems any reference i find is always about Dragon's Lair.. dont know whats the fuss if there is only 1 game that people think is good?

anyways I never had a lazer disc but want my Game Ex fully kitted out so I thought id find out what the history or compatiblity of the emulator is...i guess the roms are massive??

http://www.daphne-emu.com/site3/

Start at the official Daphne site. Its worth it to atleast have DL on your cab.

Yes the games are quite huge

Yes there are a lot (not like MAME) but 30 or more I'd say

Is it worth getting? Well that depends on your tastes - I did get it. I played those games when I was a kid

You may not like them because they are linear in game play, meaning once you know the moves you can play with you eyes closed for the most part

Go here for screen shots of some games (not all)

Daphne Screenshots

Games range in size from 500 meg to over 1.5 gig

basically they are movies

Hell yes they're worth it. But you better have some hard drive space set aside for it. They recently started removing these games because of Digital Leisure issues/re-releasing these titles so you better get in there and get'em while you can. Before they started removing the games the full deal was around 30-34 gig. Now I have no clue...anyone?

i guess the roms are massive??

nope the roms isnt big at all 100k to 300k

its the encoded streaming (film/audio) there takes the space from 1.5 gig to 4 gig depending on the movie/sound quality

if its worth it are a matter of taste some seems those types of games usesless

where its just pulling the stick to a side at the right time other finds them really enjoying

so its a matter of taste ....

i myself like alot of them. but in a way understand those who dont ....