All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Launching FX3 tables in PinballX

digitalpowertrip

I have noticed that if I launch PinballX on startup, I always have to enter my cabinet code from ZEN the first time I try to launch a table in FX3. If I disable boot with windows and launch FX3 standalone, it has my code and all works normal. Is there a way around this to get PinballX to launch FX3 tables without having to enter the code once each fresh boot?

are you using the online version of fx3?

are you using the built in boot to PBX from the setting menu?

1. Give a brief description of your sytem setup (2/3 screen setup, feedback, addressable leds)
  2. Are you using any 3rd party add-ons (dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer)
  3. Define which emulator you are having issues with (VPX, Future Pinball, FX3)
  4. Is the issue table specific or an issue for all tables? If so please state the table name.
  5. Does this issue occur only when launching the game via PBX?
  6. Attach your Pinball X xml, ini, and log files, DO NOT COPY THE CONTENTS INTO YOUR QUESTION, attach the actual files.  

On 3/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, rablack97 said:

are you using the online version of fx3?

are you using the built in boot to PBX from the setting menu?

1. Give a brief description of your sytem setup (2/3 screen setup, feedback, addressable leds)
  2. Are you using any 3rd party add-ons (dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer)
  3. Define which emulator you are having issues with (VPX, Future Pinball, FX3)
  4. Is the issue table specific or an issue for all tables? If so please state the table name.
  5. Does this issue occur only when launching the game via PBX?
  6. Attach your Pinball X xml, ini, and log files, DO NOT COPY THE CONTENTS INTO YOUR QUESTION, attach the actual files.  

Yes, using the boot with Windows from PinballX, I didn't know there was an offline version (It's through Steam). Once I put in the code one time it works fine until I boot again. Or, If I boot to the desktop launch FX3... exit then launch PBX it also works fine.

1. Three screens, no addressable LEDs or Feedback devices.

2. Yes to DMDext no to the others

3. FX3 only

4. Any FX3 table

5. Yes only when launching an FX3 table with PBX (works fine if I don't boot to PBX and launch FX3 as a stand-alone.

6. I'll have to dig that up when I'm back at home.

Thanks!

post log and ini files when you get back.....i've heard of the code not sticking for other users.  I myself cannot replicate this behavior, i've only had to enter in the code once.

However there are times that Fx3 will boot into desktop mode, and i just exit out and then reload the table and all is well.  FX3 is really finicky with front ends and 3rd party add-ons, and there is not much support for the so called "cabinet mode".  Last i checked they still haven't fixed the issue for cab users that dont want to be online.

So in summary every now and then Fx3 does load into desktop mode, and you just have to exit out and restart the table, then any table after you do that will load fine.  Its probably some crazy check the fx3 does and cab mode doesnt register correctly.

I shell directly into PBX as well, by chance did you enable the "don't want online mode" in the steam login file?

ok yeah, that's normal, nothing PBX can do about that.  I had a table load into desktop mode, went back and played it the next day and it loaded fine.  I'm speculating that since we are booting into PBX, we aren't allowing steam to connect and update and do its checks.  If you notice when you exit back to desktop steam loads up and updates.  I'm sure if you boot into desktop allow steam to load and update, you won't have this issue.

There's alot of work that needs to be done for the cabinet mode, for now we will have to deal with the small nuances until they decide they want to smooth it out.