All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Weird draw issues

stigzler

Think I'll save others' time and holler @Tom Speirs directly, although if anyone's got any ideas - let me know. Think this issue is GE hardcoding somewhere...

So found a weird issue tonight whilst dev'ing my CustomLists plugin. It uses "Export to MCE" to refresh the favourites list after DATA>data.db3 has been manipulated by the plugin. This used to work fine. However, tonight, this was happening:

Attached the corresponding log for this run. 

It's like it does the operation, but then you're left looking at the "Loading" dialog box. If you stick with it - I use the gamepad - it clicks like you're navigating and I think it is navigating correctly behind the 'stuck' screen (just from hearing some background music etc....

To isolate, I disabled all plugins + disabled CustomMenus. Essentially running 'bare.' Also found that Search not working, and this shows to problems a little better:

Any ideas?

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Bizarrely, Tom, I've never 'reinstalled over the top' - I'm guessing you just download the installer and run - installing to the same location? Will I loose any files - I'm guessing only the GE files get overwritten. Weirdly - got 15Gb in my GE folder - taking a while to back up! No idea where the 15G is coming from!

OK. So tested both with and without custom menus. 

On both: Search no longer does the glitchy thing - refreshes as usual. However, it's not returning any search results where it should (e.g. "Tekken" with lots of Tekken games in the library). 

On custom: The "Export to MCE" option (leveraged via plugin) still causes same bug. (the log reflects this run).

Getting closer + thanks for looking at this, Tom. 

log.txt