All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Enabling game ICONS for non-MAME emulators

shroud

On 02/11/2016 at 8:14 PM, Evilforces said:

Hi guys!!!

Only want to know if this is the correct way to do the icons.

Attached my first attemp.

bubblebooble.png.ico

r-type.png.ico

afterburner.png.ico

aladin.png.ico

Yes I think they are!

I think you can basically test your icons by:

1) Open the folder containing your icon files, and loop over different folder views ("large icons", "small icons" etc.). If your icon files are ok, then Windows should show them in all views, automatically adjusting the size.

2) Copy your icon files to the Desktop. You will immediately see if your icons transparency is working properly.

3) Finally you can also test that they work in GameEx, by replacing some MAME icons with your own custom icons (their names must match the official rom names of some MAME games existing in your collection). If you aren't using any MAME icon yet, define in GameEx Setup Wizard a path to MAME Icons, and make it point to the location of your custom icons. Then start GameEx, do the Update List, and see if your icons show up correctly in the MAME games list. But IMHO if your test steps 1) and 2) worked fine, then your icons will work in GameEx already, no need for step 3).

I will try to create the Community Project thread tonight, so that we'll have a place for more official discussions :)

Hi Shroud!!!

Steps 1) and 2) done perfectly.

I'll try step 3) to make sure all is working as expected.

I'll continue doing the rest of the Master System set. 

If my work allows me, I will try to have it finished in a few weeks.

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Evilforces said:

Hi Shroud!!!

Steps 1) and 2) done perfectly.

I'll try step 3) to make sure all is working as expected.

I'll continue doing the rest of the Master System set. 

If my work allows me, I will try to have it finished in a few weeks.

Thanks!!!

Awesome :) I am myself in troubled times due to changes in my work and family (nothing bad, just stuff that requires a lot of attention), and I am also promised to resume delivering lots of new video snaps to emuMovies, so I won't be able to create icons at a nice speed. Nevertheless, I'll do whatever I can!

• Like 1