All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X Parameters

gromit

Can Pinball X send more than just the Table Path and name parameters? I'd like to launch a program before the table that would be passed the manufacturer of the table selected and the year it was created. Does Pinball X have any parameters that would send this info?

I'm trying to launch a program, using Pinball X's 'Launch Before' feature. The program would display the Table Name, Manufacturer, and year made in a 4th window under my DMD. It would get the parameters, hopefully from Pinball X (if it can do this). If not I'd have to try another route (like use the tablename to search the proper XML for the required info). My question - can Pinball X send that info by way of parameters when it calls the 'Launch before' program?

It can. You should look at the Quicklaunch plugin, it does exactly what you describe. I'm in the process of updating it to match the features of the GameEx version so let me know if you hit a snag or something doesn't work right.

• Like 1

It can. You should look at the Quicklaunch plugin, it does exactly what you describe. I'm in the process of updating it to match the features of the GameEx version so let me know if you hit a snag or something doesn't work right.

Edit: My bad, that command isn't there... yet. I'll throw it in there, I haven't gotten to that point yet but there a few variables missing. I know that doesn't help you right now, sorry. :'(

Yeah, otherwise you'd have to code an AutoHotkey script to do it. If you want to tackle that, the functions for reading information from the xml can be extracted from gtxJoe's PBX_Recorder source or my project here:

From there, I don't see it as difficult to display that information where you want it.

• 4 months later...

Adultery, I noticed there have been some new PinballX updates since I asked about adding some additional parsing parameters. Not to be pushy, especially when a baby is involved (been there), but any progress made on this? Thanks!