All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Noob Questions

jimmycozad1980

I just wanted to say 1st thanks for the wonderful Gameex software. I have a few noob questions.

1. I have notice that there is no 3do in the emulators and was wonder Is there anyway I can manually add 4DO to Gameex?

2. I have tried to use the Atari Jaguar emulator that came with Gameex and I cant figure how to get it to work Is there any steps I can take to get it running?

3. Is there anyway to get Gameex to start when Windows boots?

Thanks again for creating this wonderful software.

Edited by jimmycozad1980
some typos

Hey Jimmy,

In general, you can set up most any emulator that can launch via a commandline (there are exceptions though). The ones listed in the setup Wizard are the officially supported list as they have been confirmed.

I know that other users here have set up 4DO, so we should be able to get there. It would be helpful if you could post your GameEx.ini file so we can see what you have set up now. It is located in GameEx\CONFIG. If you could post your log.txt file from GameEx\LOG, that would be helpful as well.

Once you get one emulator set up, setting up others usually gets much easier.

As far as running GameEx at startup, there isn't an option within the Setup Wizard...but there are ways to do it. You could put a shortcut in your Startup folder or use an app like Launcher-X. I don't do this myself, so if you want to do something specifically, I am sure someone else here can make some appropriate suggestions.

Thank you sir.

Have you gotten any other emulators working via the Emulator Setup area like N64, Dolphin, or Sega 32x? If so, which ones are working? It would be helpful to know how if you have setups we can compare to if needed.

You said that Virtual Jaguar was not working. Is this through GameEx or outside GameEx as well? If you have not tested it outside GameEx, please do. If you get an error, please share what you are seeing.

Note, the basic command line for GameEx should look something like this: vj.exe -cart "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
Yours is currently set as vj.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
If that works, then you may want to add a few other parameters: vj.exe -cart "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow

I should also add that the version GameEx currently has available is v2.0.0. The newest is v2.1.2. I noticed that gamepad support was added after v2.0.0 so if that is something you would like (I mean, I would), you may want to grab a newer copy from the interwebs.

I do not have 4DO myself, but I am willing to give a try at working on the configuration.

For 4DO, the command line for GameEx should be something like this: 4DO.exe -StartLoadFile "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" --StartFullScreen

Also, not long ago another user had problems with the emulator returning cleanly to GameEx. If you encounter the same thing, adjustments may be needed in the emulator and GameEx. Here is the post.

If you are still pretty new to GameEx and need a little more detail, please let me know and we can work on that.   :)

Ok I got  4DO to work sadly could not get virtual jaguar to work at all even after updating it refuses to load games and crashes both inside and out of gameex. I was however able to get Project tempest to work Just by coping it over to the virtual Jaguar folder and renaming the executable from pt.exe to vj.exe.