All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Map file

wmarshall

I have  problem about the name of rom for the mame game , the name appear in my list is
the rom file name and not the game name. I have very worked hard to find a
solution but the only solution I find is the map file. In the map file
folder I don't have the .map for mame, I have just for Nebula, zinc, Kawaks
etc... and the .map for every console but I don't find the .map mame file. I
try with .xml file from Mame plus xt for mame but the file not work.

Please help me

excuse my english I'm a frenchmen

Thank you

Hi wmarshall,

How big is the problem? Is only one game displayed incorrectly, a few games, most games, or all games?

Do you have a file called [Arcade] MAME.mdb in the GameEx\DATA\EMULATORS folder? If you do not have this file, it means that you may have installed GameEx without the databases. Please check and let us know if it is there or not.

If you have the [Arcade] MAME.mdb file, please try recreating your Mame game list and then post your gameex.ini and log.txt file from your GameEx.

Thank you.

• Like 3

I try with the mame map file here in download, but no change, the name of rom appear again and appear only 9000 of my 23000 roms after I set  Mame (155).map. Please someone help me I'm a beginner with gameex.

Thank you for your quick answer, I don't have the file MAME.mdb, I have  [Arcade] Laserdisc file . I make a manual installation for mame because I used Mame plus xt and by the way when I used Mame plus xt the name of game appear correctly in tne mame plus xt menu. How I can find MAME.mdb for place in the right folder ?