All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Resolved] GameEx continues running after shutdown

stigzler

I've had this problem for a while - it just sunked to the bottom of my list....

So when I close GameEx via any route (full 'formal' via menu; via the x in windowed etc) it appears to shut down, but continues running in the back  ground. In task manager, sometimes in the Apps category, sometimes in the Background processes:

Screenshot%20-%2015_03_2016%20%2C%2020_0

From observing some plugin behaviours - it would appear as if GameEx shuts down then starts itself back up again (as I've observed a couple of plugins to start up again following shutdown). 

This is on more than one machine. It can be problematic as it can prevent GE from launching again - your having to go into taskmanager each time. It also make dev'ing plugins a ball ache!!

Logs attached. Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to say - does this even with all plugins disabled.

log.txt

GameExOnlineLog.txt

background_log.txt

This is a feature. It makes it possible to administer GameEx from GameEx Online. In the Setup Wizard, search for "Keep GameEx running in the background" under either GameEx Online or Enable/Disable Features. Not sure which one offhand.

• Like 1