All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Edit the Game Database Files

SpyhunterUK

You can make changes to the SQL files for each emulator with an editor, but I would really suggest against it unless you are well-versed in manipulating SQL files . . . and I am guessing that you may not be since you asked the question.

Work is continually being done to fill in missing data and every so often an update will include new files. When that update happens, you will either loose your edits (if you keep the file names) or you will miss out on the added data (if you use your own file names).

As a SQL dabbler, I did do some database editing myself about a year ago in an effort to fill in missing game data for my setup (against the advice of the admins). While nothing terrible happened, I eventually gave up on it for the reasons above. I did not see the time investment as being worth it.

Just to add, database updates are posted in the repository, not inclusive in a GameEx download or update anymore. That way we can can control the versions , get updates out much faster, and you can see when a version changes easily and update them on your time. :)

• Like 1