All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem updating MAME list

Evilforces

Your log file shows an OutOfMemoryException around the time the listinfo.dat file was being processed. It appears that your PC ran out of memory. I have a feeling that the process is stalling and GameEx is timing out. Your PC only has 2 Gigs of RAM, and while that is more than the 1 Gig requirement that Windows 7/10 suggest for a 32 bit system, I have generally considered 4 Gigs to be a more reasonable minimum.

I would suggest doing a clean boot, closing out any unnessessary programs, and then try running the update again. If the same exception occurs again, you might consider upgrading the RAM (unless someone else has another suggestion, of course). :)

I also did a gameslist update on my Windows 7/GameEx 14.43 machine and it did work fine. However, it does not necessarily rule out a problem related to 14.43.

• Like 2