All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Database for FBA?

uberpubert69

What's FBA?

Final Burn Alpha. It's an arcade emulator supporting a few different platforms (and apparently console emulation now as well?).

@Uber: It's been quite a while since I've done anything with FBA, but IIRC doesn't it just use an abbreviated MAME set (albeit possibly an older one)? If that's the case, yes you should be fine running it against the MAME database. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

• Like 1

Final Burn Alpha. It's an arcade emulator supporting a few different platforms (and apparently console emulation now as well?).

@Uber: It's been quite a while since I've done anything with FBA, but IIRC doesn't it just use an abbreviated MAME set (albeit possibly an older one)? If that's the case, yes you should be fine running it against the MAME database. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

Yeah, I was as surprised as you. It apparently does quite a few consoles most of the sega consoles colecovision and TG-16 among others. Which is why I'm slightly confused as to where my SG-1000 roms fit into all this now since they're obviously not MAME roms they wont be covered in the database. Hmm... Does someone have a DAT so I can rename my SG-1000 set and use the regular SG-1000 database?

It looks like there's one available through No-Intro. (Good ol' Dat-o-Matic! I dunno what I'd do if that resource went down!)

I just found that out before I checked here lol. Got my romset renamed but there are maybe 15-25 that weren't renamed. Oh well, that's easier to deal with than having to rename 229 files. I'll let you know if the MAME database works with FBA.