All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New to GameEx (and a couple questions)

Tumpulele

Hi all,

New to GameEx and loving it so far. I'm still working on the initial front end setup, and it's coming along fairly well, though I did have a couple questions. I searched the forums and didn't see answers to these, but my apologies if I'm just missing them.

1. Upon exiting emulators, it takes around 2 seconds to reload GameEx, and in that time my desktop is visible. Is there a way to 'hide' the desktop in this case? This is not emulator specific. I'm not wanting to hide the OS in general as I don't have a dedicated machine at the moment, but it would give it a more seamless look if that could be avoided.

2. Is there a way to overlay a game's title song when the game is selected, along with the video? I like the idea of having the videos, but would like to set it up to play the video (without the sound) and instead play the title theme from the game, in cases where that theme is available.

3. Is there a way to display the total playtime in a game? I noticed that it displays how many times the game was played, but it would be nice to have that play time count.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if these are dumb/silly questions.

Welcome to GameEx and the Land of dumb and silly questions. i.e. no question is either dumb or silly as both are really subjective judgements alone.

Without further ado:

1. Setup-Wizard>DisplaySettings>Hide Desktop:

desktop.png#

2. Maybe possible to play game-related music (not tried it myself) - I'm guessing the music file would have to match the gamename or filename. In Setup-Wizard>Advanced Emulator Setup>Play selection music. Not sure how to mute videos though... :

music.png

3. No idea.

Welcome, dig in and contribute :)

• Like 3

Welcome to GameEx and the Land of dumb and silly questions. i.e. no question is either dumb or silly as both are really subjective judgements alone.

Without further ado:

1. Setup-Wizard>DisplaySettings>Hide Desktop:

desktop.png#

2. Maybe possible to play game-related music (not tried it myself) - I'm guessing the music file would have to match the gamename or filename. In Setup-Wizard>Advanced Emulator Setup>Play selection music. Not sure how to mute videos though... :

music.png

3. No idea.

Welcome, dig in and contribute :)

Thanks very much. I'll play around with this this evening. I expect I'll probably have more questions but I'll try to work through items on my own first. I look forward to getting everything set up and helping others as well.

• Like 1