All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Looking for Directions on Setting up My Game Card

RedDog

I reloaded my PC a while back and I would like to get my Game Card going again. I've done a lot of searching in the forum and have not found a list of instructions to get me there.

If I recall correctly, there is a registry file that I need to generate somewhere for my PC. I have already enabled the feature in GameEx and have browsed my profile on online.gameex.com. If I remember correctly, the profile name I used before was different than my forum name. One of the things I would like to do is set it up fresh so I am using my forum name.

I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. Thank you.

Hi RedDog!

Yes a lot has changed in regards to the old style game cards vs. the way that they work now, but I think it's a lot easier at this point. Basically it's all ties to your GameEx Online account. I was able to find your account, but it looks like you haven't enabled it within GameEx?

In order to enable GameEx Online in the settings. Go to Setup Wizard> Custom> GameEx Online. Change Enabled to Yes and enter your login details (same as forum). Next you'll want to start up GameEx and leave it running for a while so that everything can be synched up with GameEx Online. After that you should be good to go.

After that you'll find a link to your game card accessible from your GameEx Online account page.

[Tom ninja'd this post, but I was already halfway through typing so I let 'er rip anyway. :P:D]

I enabled GameEx Online in the Setup earlier today, but did not leave GameEx running for more than a few minutes at a time (just enough to test config changes). I will leave it running a bit to see if that makes stuff happen. :)

As one of the most helpful GameEx troubleshooters, we need to get you back up and running! :)

Your GameEx Online log can be found in the following location: GameEx\LOG\GameExOnlineLog.txt

Funny enough, that log has not yet appeared in my LOG directory.

Glad for the info though. When I come back to this, at least I will know what to look for.

As one of the most helpful GameEx troubleshooters...

And thanks for the kind words too. :)

It looks like this is resolved. I am seeing connection messages when running GameEx, the GameExOnlineLog.txt is logging stuff, my profile on the GameEx Online website is populated, and (of course) the game card is being generated.

Because of the other issue I was troubleshooting, I decided to uninstall GameEx and use CCCleaner before reinstalling. While testing the reinstall, the GameEx Online started working. Funny enough though, it was enabled before the reload and I did not do anything to it other than copy my original GameEx.ini file to the CONFIG directory as part of setting up the reinstall, but apparently something before was stopping GameEx from triggering to go out into the internets.

Thanks for the help gents.

• Like 2