All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can you change the Logo .png files for video files

designone

Is there a way to swap the logo you choose when setting up the emulator?

I have an Atari video logo I would like to put in place of the .png that I chose when setting up the 2600 emulator.

Can that be done?

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by tthurman
Moved to GameEx General

All you have to do is put the video file in there ( GameEx > Themes > Your Theme > Media > Logos ) and set your emulator logo file to it.

• Like 2

All you have to do is put the video file in there ( GameEx > Themes > Your Theme > Media > Logos ) and set your emulator logo file to it.

Adultery's solution is one way, but often with GameEx there is more than one way to solve a problem.

To give you another option, you can put the vid in GameEx> THEMES> (your-current-theme)> MEDIA> LOGOS.

Make sure your vid is named the same as the logo you are trying to replace, for instance:

You are trying to replace the SNES logo named "Nintendo SNES.png" in the "Default-Default" theme, which looks like this:

post-6865-0-68902500-1444178113_thumb.pn

Just put a video in that same directory and name it "Nintendo SNES". The extension doesn't matter. It can be:

Nintendo SNES.mp4

Nintendo SNES.avi

Nintendo SNES.flv

etc. GameEx will always load a video file before it loads an image! So as long as one is present, and named correctly, you should be golden :)

• Like 2

I didn't know the logo files were stored in Themes.

Yes, this is why different Themes can have wildly different logos, backgrounds and layouts. They are all stored in the Theme itself, along with the accompanying theme.ini that is unique to each theme :)

This is why the default Themes that get downloaded with GameEx look similar to each other, in comparison to the more "out there" themes..