All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

N64 with plugin problem? but only thru GameEx

Theo

Works fine on its own..but through GameEX I get this error coming up:

Graphics Error

Direct 3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D Graphics Card compatible with Direct 3D 6.0

Then followed by this one:

The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder

any help apprieciated!

Works fine on its own..but through GameEX I get this error coming up:

Graphics Error

Direct 3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D Graphics Card compatible with Direct 3D 6.0

Then followed by this one:

The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder

any help apprieciated!

Export the emulator config and post it.

But I think the issue might be that you the "Working Path" set incorrectly.

that's the standard error anytime you have a video driver problem and the plugin can't init... if you can put some delay in between gameex and the emu that might help.. i'm not sure.

btw, any reason you're using the dx6 plugin? v1.6 default d3d8 plugin is generally better.

I have now installed the newer Project 64 but same probs..

Working Path: C:\Emulators\Emulators Data\N64 - Project64 1.6

Rom Path: C:\Emulators\Games\N64

Debug Mode: No

Command Line: Project64.exe [ROMPath]\[RomFile]

if i need to post any other info let me know... dont know how to export the config so have had to type stuff out (yawn!)

if you open gameex.ini you can copy paste config.

that looks ok though.

make sure you have enabled auto fullscreen in pj64 options

if you're sure pj64 starts ok w/o gameex, i can only think gameex is interfering with dx somehow. what's your video hardware? try changing 16<>32 bit desktop

you could try showdesktop=true aswell, not sure if that makes difference.

i can't remember is there a way to tell gameex to delay x milliseconds before launching emu?

Looks like you need quotes around your rompath:

Command Line: Project64.exe "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"

This probably won't fix your problem, but it should be done anyway.

Vynce

no, wrong, don't do that. pj64 puts its own quotes on, and double quotes = error msg.

(unless you have pj64 v1.7x, then you should be ok either way)

this isnt his problem, the app is starting ok.

yeah i don't know what's wrong though. i think something perculiar to his system (video drivers) that doesnt like hiding gameex and starting pj64 (too quickly perhaps). maybe he is short of video memory or something.. without full system specs we're guessing.

if you open gameex.ini you can copy paste config.

that looks ok though.

make sure you have enabled auto fullscreen in pj64 options

if you're sure pj64 starts ok w/o gameex, i can only think gameex is interfering with dx somehow. what's your video hardware? try changing 16<>32 bit desktop

you could try showdesktop=true aswell, not sure if that makes difference.

i can't remember is there a way to tell gameex to delay x milliseconds before launching emu?

well im not sure what part of this did it...but it did it! thanks :) i choose fullscreen in pj64, changed desktop to 16 and put yes for showdesktop.

wooooo!

dont understand.....but woooooo!