All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx is crashing regularly with the latest version

jedah

Hi All,

I have updated to 14.32 on the GameEx website and I am getting random crashes when launching GameEx. I say random as it doesn't do it all of the time. Each crash leaves my desktop black and with no shortcuts visible.

I have launched it several times this evening and I would say that out of 8 times it has crashed 5 times. It seems to be just after the GameEx logo zooms in. I just get the windows error window informing me that the program has crashed and it gives me a debug or close option.

I have looked at the log and it doesn't seem to be reporting any issues. I am using Windows 7 and currentlynly using GameEx for MAME.

Thanks

log.txt

GameEx.ini

That makes sense actually Tom. As I downloaded the Shark007 codec pack yesterday to enable playback of some steam videos that weren't playing. I will uninstall and see what happens.

Thanks for looking into this for me.