All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEX and Magic Engine 1.1.3

peter.gurris

Hi,

Does anyone know how to setup magic Engine just to play normal Turbo Grapfx 16 games. When I use the defaults it just brings me to the main menu of the emulator. It doesn't start up the game

Also I noticed after creating the emulator in the menu it listed all the games even the one I don' have. How did I do it and how can I reset the list to show only games I have?

Thanks

Hi there!

To use Magic Engine in GameEx you'll need to have a full registered version of Magic Engine. Unfortunately, command line support is disabled in trial versions which makes it pretty useless to frontends. There is no way around it i'm afraid. There are however some alternatives for running TG-16, but i'll let more informed members clue you up on that ;)

Mednafen might be a good start if you are inclined...

• Like 1

and what about the list of games I don't have. If I remove it them from the wizard the emulator section(TG16) and add it back it will it remove the list of games.

I suspect it is Magic Engine showing you the full list. So if you try a different method i'd expect you'll get a real list of the roms you have.

I tried Mednefen last night but I troubles setting up the latest version.

Does anyone know how to setup controllers on it as I couldn't find a GUI to help me set it up

I have no troubles using DOS Prompt but I having troubles finding any help to set it up.

Make things even worse their website appears to be down.

I just removed Magic Engine and Mednafen hoping to get rid of the list of games and then put back Mednafen in through the wizard and the list is still in there. It must be stored somewhere on my computer that I can remove/delete the file and add back in?

Does anyone know where????

At your request i'll close it.

But bare in mind if you purchase Magic Engine the command line will be unlocked, making it easy to integrate into GameEx in the usual fashion. It sucks that such a good emulator has these restrictions, but i feel the devs know exactly why they do it, and i can't blame them. In all honesty, if i had been part of making such great software, i would probably want to capitalize on it too :P