All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gamex changing resolution

Michael

Hi

i just let gameex auto update and i went into Config app and choose "Multimedia / HTPC" and it changes the resolution in windows to lowest 800x600 just wondering if its my pc or if anyone else has this problem

just double checked it only seems to be the "Multimedia" menu it does it everytime

if you need any more info let me know

Ta

Hi

i just let gameex auto update and i went into Config app and choose "Multimedia / HTPC" and it changes the resolution in windows to lowest 800x600 just wondering if its my pc or if anyone else has this problem

just double checked it only seems to be the "Multimedia" menu it does it everytime

Ta

Hi, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, you say "Multimedia" Menu, i don't understand. Please explain in some detail..

Thanks.

Hi, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, you say "Multimedia" Menu, i don't understand. Please explain in some detail..

Thanks.

when i use GameExConfig, and press the button to go into "multimedia/HTPC" settings the resolution changes to 800x600

when i use GameExConfig, and press the button to go into "multimedia/HTPC" settings the resolution changes to 800x600

Sounds like its a problem in the Configuration program Tom, not GameEx itself.

I don't know.. I usually exit gameex and use my mouse to change the configurations. If you try that, maybe it'll solve your problem.

it does the same if i dont have gameex loaded and go into the config app and goto the page just cant understand why it does it on that one page

it does the same if i dont have gameex loaded and go into the config app and goto the page just cant understand why it does it on that one page

It's a very strange problem. Not heard of that before. It does initialise the DVD player code on that page and it must be doing it, but I have not idea why it would change the resolution. Sounds crazy!

It's a very strange problem. Not heard of that before. It does initialise the DVD player code on that page and it must be doing it, but I have not idea why it would change the resolution. Sounds crazy!

i have tryed disabling all the dvd codecs on that page but still not sorted it

does it load/check for divx codecs etc?? or any thing that might cause a problem?

thanks

It checks for DVD codecs.

i tryed diffrent dvd decoder still did the same thing

i also installed gameex into a diffrent folder with all default settings this also did the same thing

any other ideas would be aprisiated as i have no idea what to try next :blink:

Hi

Ta

finaly ive sorted it.....

seems to have been intervideo win dvd just completely removed it and rebooted and the config works fine now. still no idea why it changed the res :huh: o well least i know now what was the problem

think il try power dvd now :P

thnaks everyone for your help