All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex and mame gamelist issues

OverPower89

I have the same issue Is your PC Amd based? Does this make a difference? I am struggling to get gameex to work on my system. It only recognizes 124 the gun games and I don't own a gun so I don't play those. I'll get to the bottom of it but there needs to be a coherent write up of difficulties people encounter. To which I am kind of contributing. Mame is not finding anything else wierd becauses Mame independantly works..

I highly suspect that it doesn't have anything to do with your processor, but rather has everything to do with the way that MAME works. MAME 0.162 enacted sweeping code changes resulting from the full integration of MESS. This left frontend developers scrambling to bring their systems up to compliance for MAME 0.162. Long story short, GameEx is now compatible with MAME 0.162 but those changes briefly affected legacy versions of MAME running through GameEx. You can run the executable that Tom provided above which will likely rectify the situation, or if you prefer you can wait for the GameEx release which will incorporate these changes.

I don't know how coherent it is, but for the full dirty details you can checkout the release notes for MAME 0.162, or you can just go with the condensed version which is summed up on the Mamedev homepage:

Note that output XML is changed so rom managers and frontends need to get updated too.

At any rate, it sounds like Tom has resolved the issue, so ... uh ... Yay Tom! :gx:

GameEx stopped working Windows is searching for a solution to this problem. It will not open now. It is weird because now Gameex won't even open. Before it opened then hung on Mamelist but it would open both mame and game ex and I had to physically close Gameex to activate the setup GameEx part of it. My version of Roms I think according to what games I do have is Mame 160 would an earlier version of Gameex behave different.