All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Dolphin is screwing up big time

uberpubert69

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has so many issues but now my Dolphin is acting up. and I think it has something to do with my External Hard Drive itself. I can navigate my HDD just fine but if I try to load Dolphin it'll either not load or take minutes to load and then when it does, plays no games. When I had it to scan my HDD it would take an hour to load the game list when before it was seconds. Also my WiiWare games magically deleted themselves and I had to recover them back.

I just got this great recording software too :(

I run three installations of Dolphin... One of them is for TriForce games. They're all on the nas and I have no issues at all with any of them.

I'm sure that doesn't help any, sorry...

Have you tried a test installation of Dolphin (and a gamefile) on your system drive? Guess that'd eliminate the external HDD factor...

I've just discovered my entire full NTSC collection of Wiiware is gone/corrupted/destroyed. That's why dolphin was crashing. fml There's nowhere to get them anymore either.

Well MK GP 2 is playable if you mute it, and there's some hacking to do... But it's playable!

GP 1 takes a little more work to get running, but it can be done.

I haven't attempted F-Zero or DK so I can't speak to that.

I use a different build than the main branch though, and I think that chart shows the main Dolphin branch compatibility. It's def higher than one star.

• Like 1

Well MK GP 2 is playable if you mute it, and there's some hacking to do... But it's playable!

GP 1 takes a little more work to get running, but it can be done.

I haven't attempted F-Zero or DK so I can't speak to that.

I use a different build than the main branch though, and I think that chart shows the main Dolphin branch compatibility. It's def higher than one star.

Ugh I seriously was this close today to breaking my PC. I don't get it. First ALL of my wads are deleted (but the folder wasn't somehow). Then when I recover them after scanning the drive all night they were corrupted. Finally I was able to get all my wads back and now I can't play Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin without it freezing within seconds, though my wads play fine now AND my Super Mario Sunshine iso works on my Wii just fine so its not a corrupted game. I've tried all types of builds of Dolphin old and new.

My graphic drivers are all up to date. My HDD has been scanned for errors and had found none. My other emulators work fine (Direct X/OGL). I just don't know what to do... I just want to play game and make video snaps dammit. :'(

Just remember, your first instinct is going to be to go after your monitor. Don't do that, it's a classic rookie mistake. If you really want to bring the pain, you'll want to go after that tower.

55377693.jpg

:P Just kidding man. We've all been there, and it sucks, but you'll eventually get it dialed in. Don't worry.

• Like 1

Just remember, your first instinct is going to be to go after your monitor. Don't do that, it's a classic rookie mistake. If you really want to bring the pain, you'll want to go after that tower.

:P Just kidding man. We've all been there, and it sucks, but you'll eventually get it dialed in. Don't worry.

Yeah, but I literally just got the ability to record at solid frame rates. :/ I was able to make about 24 video snaps for the Wii(Ware)/GC before dolphin got all janky on me. I lol'd pretty hard at the meme btw :lol:

I just tried the latest stable build of Dolphin and it plays my games. So it must me something that was added in the dev builds (which is all I ever use). Sucks I can't play with all the enhancements that the dev builds have to offer anymore for some reason.