All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FX2 Not closing fully/ runs in the backround.. how to kill fx2 fully?

aldub516

I have a somewhat "workaround"setup for my pinballx. After so much work, I really dont want to get into editing xml files, especially as i dont want to have to edit it every time i buy a table or something, so i found a way to just launch the whole fx2 app which i like. Im running fx2 through steam. I set the fx2 settings in pinballx setup, and then in game manager, i simply added the sorcerers table, and change the wheel logo to a pinballfx logo, so whenever i select the pinball fx logo on my wheel, it just starts pinballfx2, and takes me to the actual app. Now ive set a "global" button on my panel to close the program via pinballx as i use with all the other pinball emulators. But i noticed if i use the "Exit" function within fx2, pinballx does not recognize the exit and brings me to the loading screen, until i hit my "global exit" button..But further, if i use my global exit button, it will kill fx2, but i noticed i then end up with an fx window running in the backround, not connected to pinballx. Its like somehow im launching an external fx2. I read alot of threads on here and picked up bits of info here and there. Including a killfx2 script or bat?? Can anyone simplify the best way to kill pinballfx2 either by buiit in exit option, or pinballx's exit emulator key.

PinballX.ini

log.txt