All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Menu Navigation Scrolling lag

uberpubert69

It's not a video problem, I set the video snaps to nowhere and still lagging.

I remember you i'm not having this problem in my mame list (with videos), only in my emulators list.

You're right, the MAME list seems to be completely unaffected. While everything else lags.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Evilforces and I are still the only ones with this problem and I can't even find a older version to downgrade to. Wish Tom could give his 2 cents on the subject, maybe he'd have an idea on what could be causing this behavior.

This indeed is a tricky one to troubleshoot, because of the fact only a few are experiencing it. May i ask kindly that you both try and disable any online features, purely because that was the major update essentially when GX 14 was released. If not just to rule it out. I understand that things can become frustrating at times - we've all gone through it at some point. Thanks for your patience though at this time.

• Like 1

Could you please try disabling all plugins and also try with basic keyboard input.

Thanks.

Tom.

PS: I don't see any issues here.

Thank you for the reply Tom. The only plugins I have enabled is Virtual Drive Loader, Quick Launch, and Xpadder. I need these to run my games properly, but when they are off, I don't experience any issues with the scrolling. But now I won't be able to play my PS1 or Saturn games without the plugins running. Any solution to that? lol

It sounds like a bug in the plugins or they need optimizing a little. Maybe Adultery can kindly take a look.

Well in either case I'm glad you helped me narrow down the problem. :) Hopefully Adultery can easily figure it out now that we know its any of those 3 plugins causing the issue.

• Like 1

Can you disable them one at a time and see which one is doing this? Also I saw in your initial log that you had Game Info enabled but it's failing to initialize, is that still the case?

Try disabling Quicklaunch first and see if that does it?

If this helps, i have this plugins enabled on my system:

- Virtual drive loader

- Game info plugin

- Xpadder plugin

At least we have some point to start solving the problem. Thanks all team for the help.

My suspicion is that it's the Game Info plugin. Please try and run GameEx with that disabled and see if it persists. There's a new version of that which isn't in the installer.

ok so now I'm experiencing some WEIRD behavior. With the VDL and Xpadder on but Quick launch off I can navigate the menus a tad faster than if I had them all on but not as fast as it was if they were all off. Now none of my snaps are showing up when I click on a game its there but nothing shows up. When I highlight a game it'll either show the video or it wont and then tell me I have... idk its extremely hard to describe. Only some of my emulators are affected. My Atari 7800 games seem most affected.

I have video snaps for every 7800 game I own and they are all pointed to properly. Gonna upload a video for you to observe.

PS I don't use the gameinfo plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVe413dzOnw&feature=youtu.be

All is fixed for my 7800 snaps, apparently they stopped working because of there being stuff like (USA) at the end of my videos when there isn't any in my ROM names.

Also disabling the VDL helps but only when both the VDL and the Quicklaunch are disabled do I get full scrolling speed back.

My suspicion is that it's the Game Info plugin. Please try and run GameEx with that disabled and see if it persists. There's a new version of that which isn't in the installer.

Hi Adultery,

Tryied your suggestion and no result.

The plugin that causes the lag in my system is the virtual drive loader. If i disable it system works perfect!!!

Okay, I'll have a look into the code and see what's happening. Could I get you to post your VDL log with debugging on?

I just realized I don't need this plugin to any of my emulators.

I guess what I activated one day to some emulator, but none really use this plugin.

If I can help debug the problem, please tell me how to do the log.

Thank You.

Well if you don't use it, do you have a virtual drive installed? If so what type and version?

Maybe I screwed compatibility when I added support for the new version of dtools.

Hi Adultery!!

I have installed 2 virtual drive emulators in my system:

- Virtual clone drive

- Power ISO

I don't use any of them to emulate games, only to mount images on my system, but not games.

I have daemon tools installed, because I remember i tryied to use with virtual drive loader plugin at the begining of my configuration, but it seems i found another way not to use this on my Gameex config.

Okay, I'll have a look into the code and see what's happening. Could I get you to post your VDL log with debugging on?

Sure, just how am do?

I also like feature requests and very much appreciate bug reports (these are especially helpful if you also attach a copy of your log file in the GAMEEX > PLUGINS > DT LOADER folder).

Thanks again for using it!

• Like 1

Hi uberpubert!!!

For what emulator are you using the virtual drive loader plugin?

I use it for my 3DO emulation and Sega Saturn, as well as Turbo Grafx CD and PC Engine CD.

I also like feature requests and very much appreciate bug reports (these are especially helpful if you also attach a copy of your log file in the GAMEEX > PLUGINS > DT LOADER folder).

Thanks again for using it!

Thanks Nullpointer lol

dtloader.7z Had to zip it because .logs aren't allowed apparently lol and there is literally nothing in it... how am enable degbugging?

EDIT: half of these plugins give me unhandeled exception errors. Tried using the function logger and got one.

Heres a new log after I ran an ISO. dtloader.7z

Not sure I understand what you mean... What plugins give you an error? What is the error you see? I can't reproduce any of this in my environment, all plugins are working as expected for me without error.

Well first things first... Your DT Loader plugin is out of date, your log says it's on version 1.1.3 and the current version is 1.1.5. Tom put out a silent GameEx update that fixes some issues with both Xpadder and Virtual Drive Loader, so you'll want to update those and test again. The chances are that will remove the issues with these since the bug turned out to be a pretty nasty one.

The easiest way to get them is to download the Plugin Updater: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/53-draclabs-plugin-downloader

All you need to do in that case is run the EXE as administrator, select the plugins from the list, and press the INSTALL PLUGIN button. If you don't want to go that route, you can also re-download GameEx from gameex.com and install it again which will update these plugins for you.

If you don't want to do that, you can get them from here:
Virtual Drive Loader 1.1.5: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/15-virtual-drive-loader
Xpadder Plugin 1.2.5: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/17-xpadder-plugin

Extract the zip to your GameEx install directory and overwrite the current ones.

Then if you still have issues, load the Plugin Manager and click the 'configure' button for Virtual Drive Loader. Put a check in the box next to "Enable Debug Mode" and then run GameEx. Of course if you don't have anything set up to use it I won;t be able to look at emulator specifics, but this will at least provide the initialization info that will help me troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you for your help. :)

• Like 2