All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Fusion and Gens+ issues [Resolved]

CharlesLam

My last thread i was getting my HTPC all game exed up. its pretty spiffy. only problem is, sega CDs will not load. im thinking this is more of a user error than a problem with game ex or the emulators. For the sake of trying to get it running, I have installed both Fusion and Gens+. Yes both have the bios loaded and both play outside of game ex when opened and loaded with the appropriate bin file. my problem on both is that when launching through game ex, they both just kick me back to the game load screen. If done too many times, Fusion will actually stay with a blank screen overlay on top of game ex and windows media center meaning i have to do a Alt+Tab just to get out of it. I'd prefer to use Gens+ as it is faster and seems to work better with the games. the roms are in the right location and the art downloader has even worked for some of them. I even tried adding the -.scd tag in both of them hoping that it might make it work to no avail.

I'm not even sure if removing and reinstalling will do anything as I believe its a problem with the config.

Any pointers?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

I can't speak for GensPlus, but I do use Fusion for Sega Cd emulation and have found it to be excellent. The command line you're using for Fusion is like 95% of the way there, but you have it using integrated disc image mounting which can be problematic, particularly when you don't actually need to do so in this case. Fusion natively supports running Sega CD disc images, so currently where you have this:

Fusion.exe -scd -fullscreen[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

I would recommend changing it to this:

Fusion.exe -scd -fullscreen "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

That should work great, unless you have an unusual circumstance in which you're using odd disc image formats (although I'm not sure ATM what all disc image formats are actually supported by Fusion).

yeah just tried it. works fine. my cadillacs and dinosaurs game just stays loaded at the screen where sonic is shaking his finger. im thinking bad file. others work fine. i also notice though none of my games are playing background music... guess i have more tinkering to do. it might be the image files not the emulator though as there are normal game sounds playing.