All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pSX Memory Card Issue

Lighty

Taking a short break from ePSXe. I've gotten the roms and even the ones with the .ecm file extension running, thanks to pakkiso, in an emulator called "pSX". However, the emulator (both by itself and through game ex) is having problems with the memory cards. I tried to play resident evil 2, and when I went to pick a file under "memory card" in the game, it said "formatting is required. So I tried fresh new ones with nothing on them, and put them into the emulator instead. Same result. If I can't figure this out, I'll go back to ePSXe, but I really want to give pSX a shot, since it seems to run pretty simple and doesn't need daemon tools.

A lot of games (most?) will also give you the option of formatting cards directly within the game itself. I'm not entirely certain about RE2 but I played through Castlevania SOTN in October, and I know I was able to format my memory card directly in that game. There are also some stand alone memory card managers that I believe will let you format your cards (Google "Mem Card Rex"), but you really shouldn't have to resort to those measures for the simple purpose of formatting.

Ok. I tried the BIOS boot trick hansolo mentioned. That seemed to work. Also, as it turns out, I tried it again from there, but loaded it from slot 2 instead, and it worked. Then I tried other roms and they worked. Must be the rom itself. Thanks again for your input everyone!

Yeh I own a PSX and PS2 so I know how they work. When you buy a new memory card from the store, they come unformatted too, so you have to know how to make them work. :) If you try to emulate the PS2 in the future, it's the same way.