All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MORE Daemon tools problems!!

Lighty

Originally i used the virtual drive loader plugin, so that the PSX images would be mounted onto daemon tools, and I could run PSX games through GameEx... right? Well, everything was working great, up until now. I went to play a game, and got that wierd bios and no game, which means something isn't working. I found out what it is. I try to mount an image in Daemon tools lite, and I get a message that says "unable to mount image." It does this for all of the .cue files. I didn't even change anything. It just suddenly stopped working. I've looked on google for any instructions on how to fix this, and found nothing. I'm really pissed.

Can you mount images outside of GameEx? If not I'd recommend uninstalling and subsequently uninstalling DaemonTools (and if it were me I'd use Revo Uninstaller to do it in order to make sure you really uninstalled any last remnants). If everything is working outside of GameEx, I'd recommend posting your Virtual Drive Loader log and Emulator config over in the Virtual Drive Loader thread with a description of the issue.

Just figured it out. Found it on youtube. I have to open the .cue files with notepad and rename the text to match the renamed .bin files. All of them...

• Like 1

I try to mount an image. It says "unable to mount image." I discover I have to open the .cue file in notepad and rename the command inside the file, so it matches the re-named .bin file or .ecm file. I do that, and try to mount the image again. Daemon tools says "mounting image" and freezes at that moment. I have to CTRL ALT DELETE to close it under "end process." Sometimes the daemon tools process still won't close under task manager. So I try to uninstall daemon tools, and it freezes half way through. I go to the website for Revo uninstaller, I click on the free version to download, and the file isn't there. So that option is out. I restart windows 7 into safe mode. THEN i can manually uninstall daemon tools. I go back to normal windows 7, I reinstall daemon tools, I drag and drop a different image to mount. Didn't work because I didn't rename the .cue file's command line. It worked for that rom. Then I try another... and Daemon tools freezes at "mounting image" AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Uninstalling and reinstalling, even in safe mode, doesn't fix it. Seriously, sometimes I think why do I even bother trying to play PSX games on PC, because I've ran into one problem after another, and I'm sick of it!! If it's not GameEx, it's Daemon tools! It's always something!!!! Sorry for my rant, but i've had problems getting the PSX games up and running for a week, and when I finally get them running, daemon tools flips the bird! All because I renamed the roms. The rom filter wouldn't hide the bracket text that used to be in the file name, even though I enabled that option, so I had to rename the files. Apparently, renaming is a big no-no!

UPDATE: I'll just have to rename the .bin files what they originally were. Seems to work that way. I apologize again for my ranting. It's just been one thing after another, all week. And I have a sinus infection. And I have to work 9 hours at Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Edited by nullPointer
Merged into your original thread as it seems like these are the same issues

Yeah, sorry man when your images are in cue/bin format it's generally not a good idea to rename anything since the cue files themselves contain references to the bin file names. At this point if it's possible to revert your images back to the state they were in before renaming that might be the best (and most painless) solution.

FWIW, here's the direct link to the free version of Revo Uninstaller (not that I think DT is your problem, but Revo Uninstaller really is worth using for that sort of thing IMO)

Stick with it lightly. Some things in this game are infuriating, pedantic and nit-picky. However, most can be overcome. Sometimes it's good to walk away for a day or two... although I know what it's like... "I WILL make this work!"

In 10 years time, when MGS becomes as retro as Space Invaders - the next generation will be thanking you!

You really should do a bit more research. As I mentioned in your SegaCD thread... I don't think you need to use Daemon Tools. What PSX emulator are you using? I'm using pSX and it has built in disc image loading from bin/cue which is how mine is setup. If an emulator can direct boot images, you don't need to use Daemon Tools at all. In fact, I don't even have it installed anymore because it gave me such a headache and never properly worked. Now, if you go and use some emulator for a system I've never configured (like those other CD based consoles) you might need it, but you really should try alternate emulators and find one that has direct boot abilities so you don't have to rely on Daemon Tools.

UPDATE: pSX won't play 2xtreme or 3xtreme because of the .ecm file format. Eh well, guess you can't have everything. As long as the pros outweigh the cons, which so far they do.