All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Guitar Hero/Rock Band Games

uberpubert69

Anyone here like these games? I used to be a god at these guitar games at one point and would consider myself still pretty good today as I haven't played these type of games in a few years.

I'd also like to know how good you were if you liked them, being as good as I was my friends were/are kinda awful at it. So I have no real reference to how easy these games were to pick up for people. I only ask because everyone that saw me play would freak out every time, and when I played online I'd choose songs like Through the Fire and Flames, Raining Blood, and Knights of Cydonia on expert and do so well people would just drop out of the game.

I'm honestly not trying to brag here, I've just been doubtful of how good I really was because I'm usually just ok at everything and pretty bad at some games.

I myself started with Guitar Hero 3 and was literally bullied to become a master at it(I can beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert got the Achievement on my GT).I just started getting back into these games again. Never really got into Rock Band or any of the other Guitar Heroes in the beginning except Metallica and World Tour. I only could afford the Guitar so I never tried the Drums or Mic or Turn Table part of these games Them good 'ol Blockbuster days... ;)

I played them, not very good as i am left-handed and had to play the rightie. I DO have Frets-of-Fire on my MAME machine for that Guitar Hero fix

I used to have a sweet FoF setup that had a GH3 mod. Might get that again too... Why did you have to play the rightie setup? You know there is a lefty flip setting, right?

I have a lot of those games on the Xbox 360. I really liked them. Trouble is, it's a button pressing game, and not using real guitars. Rockband 3 was the first to experiment with real string guitars and/or multiple buttons. I never got one of their guitars though, since I already have 2 regular 5-button ones. Rocksmith is kinda like the next generation of these, but I've yet to play it. When it comes to playing these games though, its fair to say that I'm "OK". I'm not great, and have only 100%'d one song ever. I remember my progression though. 3 button, then 4 button. Then I started playing Hard because I liked how all my notes I played were more exact with the music rather than only 3 buttons for all kinds of different notes. I'm especially proud of my self taught style of using the index finger to reach for the 5-th button rather than the pinky. I learned that on my own. :) The hardest settings I'm not able to play. I tried it once on the easiest song on the game and I just sucked at it.

• Like 1

I have a lot of those games on the Xbox 360. I really liked them. Trouble is, it's a button pressing game, and not using real guitars. Rockband 3 was the first to experiment with real string guitars and/or multiple buttons. I never got one of their guitars though, since I already have 2 regular 5-button ones. Rocksmith is kinda like the next generation of these, but I've yet to play it. When it comes to playing these games though, its fair to say that I'm "OK". I'm not great, and have only 100%'d one song ever. I remember my progression though. 3 button, then 4 button. Then I started playing Hard because I liked how all my notes I played were more exact with the music rather than only 3 buttons for all kinds of different notes. I'm especially proud of my self taught style of using the index finger to reach for the 5-th button rather than the pinky. I learned that on my own. :) The hardest settings I'm not able to play. I tried it once on the easiest song on the game and I just sucked at it.

You're right about the not being a real guitar thing. I'd like to try Rocksmith, but like I said I'm just a poor boy(No real guitar). :P I remember playing on medium for the longest time until I tried hard. One of the hardest things to learn was how to hit the orange button with my pinky. My pinky originally could barely move to the right and it hurt for a while until I was able to get the muscle used to it, so that's impressive you can hit the orange with your index finger. Once I beat a song on hard I instantly went to expert. If I try to play anything less than expert now I suck horribly because its just way too slow for me. Plus it feels the most like you're actually playing the song.

Although i've not played it (yet) i don't think it is fair to group Rocksmith with the likes of Guitar Hero, Rock Band etc. One is to enhance the playing of a real instrument, while the others are to mimic as such. BUT i will say this - the fact that these button games are getting your pinky's moving is a good thing, and will no doubt give you a head start should you ever decide to pick up a real guitar/bass ;)

• Like 1

You misunderstood me.. I didn't hit the orange button with my index finger, I started with my pinky on the orange button, index finger on the red and stretched my index finger to reach the green button. :)

Even more impressive, because I know how much that s**t hurt to do. :P