All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem launching Sega Saturn games

Evilforces

Hi all!!!

Sorry for all my post today, but as you can see i'm configuring all my emulators today from 0, and have some problems... Sorry.

My problem now is with Yabause emulator.

I readed some posts talking about configuration of this emulator. I have all my games on the list, but when i launch any game, Yabause opens but not load the game, i only see the main window of yabause (with no errors on it).

Emulator works perfect outside GameEx.

I'm getting an error on Gameex validation config, saying that it can find my daemon tools path. I don't know if this can be the cause of the error, but Yabause don't say any error message when launch a game inside Gameex.

Attached my configuration files...

Another time, sorry for all my post today....

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Hi Evilforces

Unless you have a specific reason for using Yabuse, I would recommend using SSF instead. SSF has higher compatibility than Yabuse, has been updated (much) more recently than Yabuse, and (possibly most important) will be easier to find support threads to help you along the way.

Ok, i'm trying to configure SSF emulator.

I have my roms in bin/cue format.

The command line is SSF.exe[-VIRTUALDRIVE-] . I suppose that Gameex mounts the image automatically, sure?

When i launch a game, SSF says that the disc is not compatible.

Can SSF launch bin/cue format?

OK i'm getting an error mounting images on DTlite.

I've configured the plugin Virtual Drive Loader with:

mount command: "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

unmount command: /u

When i launch a game daemon tools says "error on command line"

Any suggestions?

OK i'm getting an error mounting images on DTlite.

I've configured the plugin Virtual Drive Loader with:

mount command: "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

unmount command: /u

When i launch a game daemon tools says "error on command line"

Any suggestions?

Hi EvilForces!

Sorry for a bit of a late reply, it was a holiday weekend in the U.S. which turned out to be a bit more lively that I had anticipated. If you're using DaemonTools Lite for your VirtualDrive you don't actually need to enter anything for the mount and unmount commands since DT is the recommended solution there (Adultery will have to correct me or expound on that if I'm wrong - I don't enter anything in those fields and it works great for me). For reference though, the commands you entered there do indeed have some significant issues. For your reference, here's the DT Lite command documentation (purely for reference mind, since the Plugin will do all of that for you).

So that would be a good start in terms of GameEx. Did you get SSF working outside of GameEx?

• Like 1

Just a quick nod... He's right about not needing anything configured in the loader plugin. Just leave those spots in the configuration blank and it should be able to mount/unmount all by itself.

Unless you have something outside of the normal install, mostly it's automated.

• Like 1

Ok it works perfect now with Virtual Drive Loader and Yabause.

Only need to activate the auto-start option on Yabause and works like a charm!!!!

Thanks for the great plugin Virtual Drive Loader and of course all your kindly help!!!!