All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

3D Anaglyph on Emulators

uberpubert69

Any of you play in 3D Anaglyph for any of your emulators? I know its kinda old and outdated but its really easy to get your hands on some red/cyan glasses nowadays for some reason. I've been trying to get Anaglyph working for Dolphin but i cant figure it out and everything I try doesn't seem to work for it. I can only assume there are other emulators out there that have 3D Anaglyph/shaders like a couple of Virtual Boy emulators.

I'd really like to absorb as much knowledge on the subject for any emulators. I wanna be able to see what some games look like. :P

Let me know if you come up with anything. I have a pair of nice Anaglyph glasses I bought from Amazon. All plastic (no cheap comic book cardboard cutouts). I got them so I could play Batman Arkham Asylum on Xbox360 in 3D. It was really cool. I don't really LIKE them, compared to today's technologies with the 3D tv's. But the trick works, and it's nice to play with. I know Virtual Boy was designed with 3D in mind, but I haven't spent much time going back to mess with it since I got the glasses. I was experimenting just the other day with my graphics card's 3D. The driver was configurable for me to be able to use the Anaglyph glasses, but I couldn't get the color or separation correct, it just looked "off'. But yea like I said, let me know if you figuring anything cool out.

Let me know if you come up with anything. I have a pair of nice Anaglyph glasses I bought from Amazon. All plastic (no cheap comic book cardboard cutouts). I got them so I could play Batman Arkham Asylum on Xbox360 in 3D. It was really cool. I don't really LIKE them, compared to today's technologies with the 3D tv's. But the trick works, and it's nice to play with. I know Virtual Boy was designed with 3D in mind, but I haven't spent much time going back to mess with it since I got the glasses. I was experimenting just the other day with my graphics card's 3D. The driver was configurable for me to be able to use the Anaglyph glasses, but I couldn't get the color or separation correct, it just looked "off'. But yea like I said, let me know if you figuring anything cool out.

I was unaware that some graphic cards drivers have Anaglyph support natively. I ended up trying iZ3D but its incompatible with Windows 8/.1 it worked amazingly on Windows 7 I was playing Super Mario 64 on PJ64 in 3D with it. But since that option no longer works for me I downloaded a program called TriDef and it works very well for PC games. Dolphin also looks good with it other than the hard slowdown. Theres a feature called Power 3D that makes it the game faster but theres these transparent squares in the middle and around the screen with it on. PJ64 wouldn't go 3D and neither would PCSX2. Both of which have Direct X 9 and 10 support. Oh and btw TriDef doesn't support OpenGL so PPSSPP cant go 3D either (atm). Still have to try NullDC and ePSXe.