All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PS2 Controller Setup Files

ianeicher

Hi guys, I'm new to the mame scene, but I am already moving along fairly well. One question I do have is whether anyone has made controller setup files for mame and their PS2 controllers. I picked up an adapter from Fry's and it is set up in Windows, but it doesn't work very well in mame. For example, coin in doesn't work, and it would be nice to exit games from controller, etc. Has anyone built one of these? If someone could share I would really appreciate it. Thanks all...

Hi guys, I'm new to the mame scene, but I am already moving along fairly well. One question I do have is whether anyone has made controller setup files for mame and their PS2 controllers. I picked up an adapter from Fry's and it is set up in Windows, but it doesn't work very well in mame. For example, coin in doesn't work, and it would be nice to exit games from controller, etc. Has anyone built one of these? If someone could share I would really appreciate it. Thanks all...

Hi there. :)

I use a PS2 contoller for MAME and it works perfectly... I use a SmartJoy adapter, but I don't think it matters much what adapter you use as long as it works in Windows...

When you load up the ROM and press the TAB key to input the buttons of your joystick, does it not respond? Also note that if you're setting up, you should be in the Input (General) sub menu if you don't want to set up seperate controls for each game.

Also under the General sub menu, you can assign buttons to 'Coin In' from there. As far as mapping buttons in GameEx to escape games from the controller, I don't use that feature so I couldn't tell you how to set it up, but I'm sure it's possible.

If you still have problems, set up a config for your controller before you run it through GameEx (run MAME on its own) but I'm certain you can access the TAB menu through the GameEx GUI.

I hope that's helpful...