All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

Count me in for the GameEx Goons! :D

I don't have much spare time this summer at all, but as mentioned, it sounds like the design of this tournament is such that contributions can be made based on availability.

I will say, there is no way in heck I'll be able to really dig into several different titles per week. But hopefully a few titles will pop up that I already have practice with and can make a contribution on those.

I think most of us have games where we have enough practice invested to be "much better than the average bear". Maybe we should all start sending in lists of such games to throw into a pool.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to jump in, but TBH my time is extremely limited. I generally don't spend much time playing my cabinet. :'(

• Like 1

I'd be willing to jump in, but TBH my time is extremely limited. I generally don't spend much time playing my cabinet. :'(

Jump when you can is all we're asking ;) If you can wave your hands in the air like you just don't care, all the better :D

@ Wolfman: I've updated the GameEx list in post #1 > 9 contestants already :)

I've also added ExedExes to our list !! I've received a PM from him.

...btw > the name is GimmeClassics (or GC) and not Gimmieclassic ;)

I'm in. However that works, I'm new! :D

Thank you for joining :)

...how it works:

It's a MAME only contest and each website gets to pick his favorite game each week. So just have MAME installed and have the correct ROMS available :) The top 5 hi-score submissions count for the overall score of the website your represent B)

Btw, welcome to our Hi-Score competition forum. You're also more than welcome to join our GameEx Hi-score Competition. It's very easy to join:

1. Choose a game (it's all MAME) from any of our Hi-score game threads

2. Read post #1 of the hi-score game thread to make sure you're using the correct game settings (always use 1 credit)

3. Play your game and post a screenshot of the score you earned.

You can compete for your position at our GameEx Leaderboard ! Your hi-score position on each hi-score game will represent points for your Leaderboard position :)

~ GC

---------

@ Wolfman > I've added uberpubert69 and hansolo77 to the GameEx list at post #1.

• Like 1

Thank you for joining :)

...how it works:

It's a MAME only contest and each website gets to pick his favorite game each week. So just have MAME installed and have the correct ROMS available :) The top 5 hi-score submissions count for the overall score of the website your represent B)

Btw, welcome to our Hi-Score competition forum. You're also more than welcome to join our GameEx Hi-score Competition. It's very easy to join:

1. Choose a game (it's all MAME) from any of our Hi-score game threads

2. Read post #1 of the hi-score game thread to make sure you're using the correct game settings (always use 1 credit)

3. Play your game and post a screenshot of the score you earned.

You can compete for your position at our GameEx Leaderboard ! Your hi-score position on each hi-score game will represent points for your Leaderboard position :)

~ GC

---------

@ Wolfman > I've added uberpubert69 and hansolo77 to the GameEx list at post #1.

Nice, gotta love friendly competition. :)

Thank you for joining Adultery !! Team GameEx is well-represented B)

In actual fact i think we have ALL bases covered! With everyone who stepped up we have the best (at least in our comp) on all genre's i think!...? Don't we?

In actual fact i think we have ALL bases covered! With everyone who stepped up we have the best (at least in our comp) on all genre's i think!...? Don't we?

We're gonna kick some ass !! B)

So what's the game gonna be? fyi I haven't played competitively in a while, and I don't really know how my skills match up as far as MAME games go. I'm decent at Killer Instinct 2 and Street Fighter, and pretty good with Shmups lol.

OFF TOPIC: Show me! muahahahahahaaa

Contest revisions:

Due to heavier than anticipated interest and numerous players bringing up many concerns, the following is a list of changes for this contest. While we appreciate that some players may or may not agree to everything here, we think these changes will make for a better overall tournament that the majority of players will enjoy. Due to the date at hand, there will be no further changes to this contest.

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period

2. - Each team will choose four games – send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 30th. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf, players not already registered on a site are no longer eligible to play. Existing site members may join (eliminates ringers). Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - Adjudication – we all know or know of each other generally speaking so there should be no need for this. Players are encouraged to save their INPs for all game play. Disputes (if any) will be handled on a case by case basis and reviewed by all sites.

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nKeVeNNwVYJUR4qsnqXSg78Zvn3pmBbCyseElcKof9k/viewform?edit_requested=true – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

Looking forward to an awesome tournament!

scoreboard

Any questions, write [email protected]

Contest revisions:
4. - Adjudication – we all know or know of each other generally speaking so there should be no need for this. Players are encouraged to save their INPs for all game play. Disputes (if any) will be handled on a case by case basis and reviewed by all sites.
5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nKeVeNNwVYJUR4qsnqXSg78Zvn3pmBbCyseElcKof9k/viewform?edit_requested=true – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

@ Wolf > I have 2 questions:

1. We are encouraged to save our INP's. I know a lot of the contestants use a custom compiled MAME version (with high score support). If I use the "Play and Record Input" function of my MAME build it screws up my in-game high score tables > wrong scores / strange symbols etc. Is it really necessary to save an INP or will it suffice to save a screenshot of your high score (with your initals) ?

2. We have to submit our score through a google webform. We do not have to upload a screenshot of our high score or something like that ? It's just submit your name > game > score ?

~ GC

• Like 1

Contest revisions:

Due to heavier than anticipated interest and numerous players bringing up many concerns, the following is a list of changes for this contest. While we appreciate that some players may or may not agree to everything here, we think these changes will make for a better overall tournament that the majority of players will enjoy. Due to the date at hand, there will be no further changes to this contest.
3. - Auto fire is not allowed

Seeing as those are the non-negotiable rules, and i cannot physically abide by them, i hereby withdraw myself from the competition. I will still support y'all on the sidelines though and give any moral support i can! :)