All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Control Panel Viewer

teebo2345

The Gameex internal control panel viewer used to appear for a few seconds before launching any MAME game. I have been tweaking some things and now it does not appear. I believe it may blink in and out for a split second but I can't really tell. Does anyone know where to configure it to show up? I have tried searching the forums and the Gameex config settings to no avail. Thanks guys!

Also this is not to be confused with CPWizard, I have that turned off. I prefer the built in one because it seems to just "work".

Mine is set to yes. I can confirm that it only blinks on for a split second before a game loads in Mame. Is there any way to configure how long it appears or any way to configure Mame to wait before launching?

I did download CPWizard and it works pretty well but looks like it takes some configuration.

Hi Teebo. When you have a moment wouild you mind posting the contents of your GameEx.ini and your GameEx log? I'm wondering if you might have a conflicting setting somewhere between the CPWizard settings and the internal panel viewer settings. Here are the pertinent instructions for posting that information. Thanks! :)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to try? FYI - I can get the control panel viewer to appear if I select "View Controls" after selecting a mame game but before actually launching the game.

Also the internal control panel does appear for a fraction of a second after launching the game. I also just upgraded to the latest gameex version which didnt help.

Wow, sorry to just now be getting back to you on this teebo!

This line stands out to me in your log:

11:21:58.0  5/26/2014:  Warning: Display is running in full screen compatibility mode.

Please check the Display Settings screen in the Setup Wizard to see whether you have Full Screen Windowed set to Windowed. If so try setting it to Disabled and try again.

I could see that having an impact here.

• Like 1

I don't currently use CPWizard, although I'd certainly go for it if I had a cabinet or if MAME was the primary system I played. It's a really great program with plenty of customization options, I've just never devoted the time to set everything up properly.

CPWizard's got soo much potential. Played around with it for a bit for my dual display setup on my cab. Works great out the box for MAME.

There's also facility to use it for emulators too, but hit a cul-de-sac with that one and didn't persist. However, it did inspire me to add another project to the list - a controls mapping database.

I wonder how many projects we each have on the go at any one time?

I finally returned home and was able to try NullPointers suggestion. In Gameex config I was already set to disabled on "Full Screen Windowed". I did try setting to enable with the same result. I also tried with windows Aero disabled and enabled with the same result. Is there any other way to troubleshoot?