All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help setting up PCSX2

Riffman81

So I recently learned PCSX2 can have 'per game' settings using a frontend like PCSX2Bonus. Makes things much easier as some PS2 games require different settings in order to get them to run properly. I was thinking of adding one of these frontends to my PCSX2 setup in order to get things to run more fluently within GameEx, eliminating the need to configure emulator settings for games that require a bit of tweaking. I wanted to check and see if anyone is using one of these frontends for PCSX2 within GameEx, and if so, which one? There seem to be several to choose from. Some games, like Final Fight: StreetWise require software mode for proper rendering, while others require Hardware, etc... and various other settings. Having a frontend that can configure settings on a per game basis seems to be the way to go to eliminate some of the hassle when playing. Have any of you guys got one of these to work with GameEx?

I'd be interested in your approach, Dazzler.

Whilst PCSXLunch works great - there is only one problem. When you upgrade your version of PCSX2 and plugins - I think you have to re-do all your settings all over again! :(

I'm just wondering if with your method there's a workaround for the above problem.

Recognize it'd be a lot of typing, but care to share?

Whilst PCSXLunch works great - there is only one problem. When you upgrade your version of PCSX2 and plugins - I think you have to re-do all your settings all over again! :(

I fear it would be the same for PCSX2Bonus (or any such tools) :wacko: I haven't tried Lunch yet but there is one thing Bonus does that makes GameEx integration soooooo easy - it can create standalone .exe's for each game! So in terms of GameEx setup it is as simple as having these exes in one folder, then it's just "[ROMPATH/ROMFILE]" how cool is that! You can specify which mem card and gamepad config too, so if like me you like teh shmups and the controls are all wrong and unconfigurable, you can configure the pad to your tastes for that one game only. I think i'll be messing with PS2 for a few days yet :P

PS: The mega type was coz i woulda made a mini guide so as to not go through a couple mistakes i made ;)