All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Launching roms reverts back to menu

allthingsgreen

This is my first experience with this frontend, and I like everything so far and will purchase it if I can get games to load. I have tried to sort this out on my own sifting through old posts and going over the FAQ but to no avail. I hope that someone can shed light on my issue and help me get this application working as I know it should.

GameEx installed fine, imported emulators fine ( MAME, Snes9x, Project64 ), lists ROMs and artwork fine, but when it comes time to play a game the screen goes black for about 2 seconds and then sends me right back to the game menu. This is the case for all 3 emulators, as well as the MAME games that are in there by default ( Donkey Kong, Pacman, SmashTV, etc.)

I have attached the GameEx.ini (as GameExINI.txt) along with the Log.txt from my last session. If there is any other information that would be helpful by all means let me know because I am anxious to get this to work.

Thanks for your time.

GameExINI.txt

Log.txt

Hi allthingsgreen and Welcome to the GameEx Forums!

GameEx does not include any emulators or games. I believe what you are seeing is the demo artwork and videos that is included with GameEx for demonstration purposes. Check out the \GameEx\DEMO\ directory to see what I mean. You actually need to supply (and configure!), all the emulators and games which can then subsequently be configured to run through GameEx.

Hopefully that's not too much system shock!

The good news is that you can download emulators directly through the GameEx Setup Wizard, which does in fact provide some great convenience. Obviously we are unable to supply you with any information on obtaining games though.

Good luck man, and we're here to answer questions or provide troubleshooting should you hit a snag.

• Like 1

Hi allthingsgreen and Welcome to the GameEx Forums!

GameEx does not include any emulators or games. I believe what you are seeing is the demo artwork and videos that is included with GameEx for demonstration purposes. Check out the \GameEx\DEMO\ directory to see what I mean. You actually need to supply (and configure!), all the emulators and games which can then subsequently be configured to run through GameEx.

Hopefully that's not too much system shock!

The good news is that you can download emulators directly through the GameEx Setup Wizard, which does in fact provide some great convenience. Obviously we are unable to supply you with any information on obtaining games though.

Good luck man, and we're here to answer questions or provide troubleshooting should you hit a snag.

Thanks to both of you for the prompt replies, much appreciated. I believe I have the emulators and roms sorted out correctly, I used GameEx to import them during setup with the wizard as you mentioned. Please take a look at the attached screen shot to verify that I'm on the right track here if you don't mind (fwiw when you look at it know that I didn't have 2 instances running simultaneously, I just merged a screenshot of another window into the other one so it's just a single image)

It's just that when i go to launch the game it's like it tries to load but can't for some reason and kicks right back to the menu.

[ UPDATE - SOLVED ]

Boy do I feel dumb...recently restored my hdd from a backup image and forgot the dx9 runtime is not a part of that image and was yet to be installed...so I took care of that and what do ya know, all is working as it should

thanks @nullPointer & @DazzleHP for helpin nudge my brain in the right direction...this frontend is pretty rad, will be purchasing a license key soon :D

post-26756-0-59214500-1399938760_thumb.j