All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Stumped on mame video playback

Krakerman

Very strange for some reason I just can't figure out why when selecting systems all my videos will play from the main menu except for Mame. Mame videos will play when I select Mame from the main menu but when I exit back it's just black. For the life of me I have searched and tried everything but doesn't work.

Hi Krak,

Do you mean the random vids that play for a few seconds while browsing the Emulator Select screen? They work for me for all systems including MAME. Do you have Mame set to show on the Start Page, or Under Emulated Games? I have mine (working) with it set to Put Under Emulated Games. Maybe that makes a difference?

Also, are all the vids in the same format? I have a vague memory that i read this can happen if you have mixed file types in the same folder. If it's true then one rogue .avi or .flv could stop them playing. My memory isn't the most reliable of sources though :P

hmmmm had another thought - i'm using custom menus, i wonder if that makes a difference?

BRB...

EDIT: Nope, doesn't seem to matter whether you use custom menus or whether Mame is on Start Page or not. The file type idea is the only thing i can think of at this moment.

I'm assuming your talking about the system intro videos? Where do you have these? I have mine in the THEME/LOGOS folder, and the name of the video should match your .png images. MAME.mp4 - MAME.png

You probably already know that, just trying to help...